Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Will the Cybertruck have any system to combat dust from sites? We get a lot of dust in our trucks at the end of the day and was wondering if this wouldn't be a problem. Could the HVAC system help with this or perhaps the climate could circulate the air while at work without draining too much power.
Sponsored

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
OP
OP

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
OP
OP

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I think that Mr Musk said there would be a form of the filtering that the MX has.
I'm aware that the Cybertruck will partially have bioweapon defense mode, but I'm wondering if it could help while the truck is sitting outside for 8 hours while I'm working.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I'm guessing that the only thing that might help with that would be to maintain positive pressure on the inside of the truck throughout the day. This would, of course, be pretty easy to do and would not require much energy of the battery but I'll bet no one ever thought of it. So this becomes an example of one of those things you should Twitter to Musk as a suggestion/request.

OP
OP

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I'm guessing that the only thing that might help with that would be to maintain positive pressure on the inside of the truck throughout the day. This would, of course, be pretty easy to do and would not require much energy of the battery but I'll bet no one ever thought of it. So this becomes an example of one of those things you should Twitter to Musk as a suggestion/request.
Good luck getting seen!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Au contraire! The cars currently incorporate several features that were suggested to Must via this route. They also, naturally, don't incorporate lots of ideas that were suggested but rejected. All I can say with certainty is that if he never hears about it or thinks of it he won't incorporate it.

ELCTRUK

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.elctruk.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri Motor AWD w/FSD
Country flag
Does anyone know if the built-in air compressor could be modified to somehow create a blower or vacuum system where a hose could be connected to keep the truck clean? I'm not familiar with the tech needed to make that a reality but it feels like it could be a possibility.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Musk is already aware of the positive pressure idea. The Model X already has it.

From page 152 of the Model X manual:

When you engage Bioweapon Defense Mode, the fan operates at the highest speed. In addition, the positive pressure inside the cabin minimizes the amount of outside air that can leak into the vehicle.

Now whether it can be left on all day I do not know. Nor do I know if it will be available in the Cybertruck.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
That positive pressure concept is superb. In the Mohave desert there exists naturally in the sands very fine highly-abrasive particles of plaster. It is mined in the mountains surrounding Plaster City for wallboard manufacture.

That plaster gets into a high tech HVAC system it will be destroyed, not to mention the lovely aroma of plaster into infinity. Rule in the desert is to * never* turn ON the A/C fan motor. Sweat baby sweat.

I love the idea of positive pressurizing the interior without taking-in outside air into the HVAC system to achieve sealing off invasive particles of fines, dust or abrasives.
Sponsored