Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
It occured to me that the CT seats are more angular as evidenced by the design patent. What changes come from angularity? Are angular seats built the same? Will the foam fill the straight sections out? Might we expect something very different? Are the backs going to be hard plastic? Why are they so tall? How do those headrest adjust? Are we going to get vented seats? Do we have a seat expert in the house?

The screen print below is model S (credit Electrek) Below that is the CT.

Tesla Cybertruck Let's talk seat construction 1641135466620
Tesla Cybertruck Let's talk seat construction 1641135563875
Sponsored

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Can be accomplished by the shape of the frame and the shape of the foam, otherwise basically the same as other car seats.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla uses VW technique of faux bolsters in foam, the seating will be sub-optimal support but fits everyone and breaks down sooner. Sooner than an actual Recaro seat which the design complements.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's another example of Genius

When you lay the back of the seat forward all the way down , it will be flat ?

Do that to 6 seats and you have a mattress

______

I am not sure what will happen to the back wall of the bed..
If it leans into the car to allow pass-through, the backseats have to be lower to flatten the surface.. will the backs seat also have option to slide forward and lower to accommodate this ?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have adjustable head rests anymore (if they ever did) but i don't find it awkward. In all of the cars i have owned for the past 20 years i never used the head rest adjustment except to attach some accessory anyway. Our Model 3 has heated/vented seats and I assume that all Teslas do. The seats are quite comfortable and my read from reviews such as Sandy Munro's is that they are only getting better.

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have adjustable head rests anymore (if they ever did) but i don't find it awkward. In all of the cars i have owned for the past 20 years i never used the head rest adjustment except to attach some accessory anyway. Our Model 3 has heated/vented seats and I assume that all Teslas do. The seats are quite comfortable and my read from reviews such as Sandy Munro's is that they are only getting better.
Model S/X had (has?) adjustable head rests. The way the look, it would seem they don't move, but they do move up and down.

I like having this be adjustable, but a small headrest pillow goes a long way I guess.
Sponsored