Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Here we Goooo!!! Just got the email to send in proof! Before anyone gets mad at meā€¦ Iā€™m in Canada and I ordered the minute they made the announcement in 2019.

IMG_1653.png
Damn. .... I just don't have enough shares to meet that stipulation. Where are you from? Prince George BC here.
Sponsored

Platinumsmith

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
From what I've seen on Youtube, Cybertrucks generate so much interest it will be safer to drive hopefully in a few months when people stop stalking them (in a nice way)!
Thatā€™s how Iā€™m rationalizing too

Buz914

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3P
Country flag
Got the email yesterday afternoon to upload docs. I was signed up for say, so you will get an email to continue.
I also was not an early reservation holder, like 800,000ish in line.

Tips to prepare:
The upload page needs 2 separate files. One for the early proof, and one for the 500 share 2024 statement. Also you must put in your reservation number yourself, it looked like it autopopulated the field but it is a generic number. I was panicking that my submit button was greyed out.

Pretty easy, hope that's helpful.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Has anyone received a communication from Tesla about their verification after providing documents? I am wondering what the next step(s) will be. Spitballing:

1. Applied for the accelerated delivery event (acknowledgement noted on account profile settings)
2. Received email requesting documentation
3. Submitted documentation <-- you are here!
4. Received acknowledgment of some kind:
4a. Your documentation has been verified and you are eligible for the program
4b. Your documentation has been verified and you are not eligible for the program
4c. Your documentation cannot be verified, please submit XXX
4d. Contact us at YYYY
5. Assuming that you got the 4a, received another (possibly the same?) email:
5a. If you have not configured, you are given the link to configure an order
5b. If you have already configured but haven't received a VIN, you get a VIN
5c. If you have received a VIN then you probably fall out of the program because delivery is imminent

I have no idea whether any of this is going to happen (beyond 3 since we are there already). What do you think?

Zwmiller11

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Just got the email asking for verification by uploading the documents. Can someone please explain exactly what this rule means? Or give an example case? if you own 500 shares now would you have to have had 250 back in 2021? 50%?

4. "The brokerage statements for Feb. 29, 2024 must show that you owned at least 50% of the TSLA shares that you owned on Feb. 28, 2021; and..."

I currently have around 600 shares as of Feb 29, 2024. How many would I have to have had in Feb 28, 2021? I think I had around 50-60 but that was pre-split?

Buz914

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3P
Country flag
Just got the email asking for verification by uploading the documents. Can someone please explain exactly what this rule means? Or give an example case? if you own 500 shares now would you have to have had 250 back in 2021? 50%?

4. "The brokerage statements for Feb. 29, 2024 must show that you owned at least 50% of the TSLA shares that you owned on Feb. 28, 2021; and..."

I currently have around 600 shares as of Feb 29, 2024. How many would I have to have had in Feb 28, 2021? I think I had around 50-60 but that was pre-split?
My understanding is you only had to have any qty of shares in 2021. Then in 2024 you had to have at least 50% of the 2021 shares, but no less than 500 total accumulated in 2024.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

I originally thought that the requirement was that we had to show ownership of half our shares, as in maybe we were sharing the shares with someone else. That was just how I read it and yesterday when I got the 'submit documentation' mail it became clear that my earlier understanding was incorrect.

It is the other way around. If you owned 250 shares on 02/28/2021 you would only have to own 125 of those shares on 02/29/2024 (50%, to show you are a long-term stockholder). But you would not qualify at the 500-share requirement. If you owned 500 shares on 02/29/2024 you would be fine.

Lets say you owned 1,000 shares on 02/28/2021 and sold 500 of them and owned 500 shares on 02/29/2024. 50% of what you owned in 02/2021 is 500 shares, and that is what you owned in 02/2024. You would qualify under rule #4.

If, on the other hand, you owned 1,200 shares on 02/28/2021 and sold 700 and then owned 500 on 02/29/2024, then Rule 4 says that you would have to still own 600 shares and you do not so you would not qualify.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

If your broker statement says 50-60 shares that is what it was. You would have to still own 25-30 shares, which you do because you own 600 shares now, and you should be fine.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think you have to have owned at least 167 shares in 2021 then after the split that becomes 501 shares in 2024. I believe thatā€™s the minimum requirement.

Zwmiller11

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Thanks to all those who replied to my initial question. I'm not sure if I'm just slow, but it seems like there is some confusion about exactly what that requirement is. I just submitted my documents from Fidelity. I had 51 shares in FEB21 and I had 814 as of FEB24. I guess we'll see if that meets the criteria!? Will update if I hear anything from Tesla.

Reservation Holder Since FEB2020.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Thanks to all those who replied to my initial question. I'm not sure if I'm just slow, but it seems like there is some confusion about exactly what that requirement is. I just submitted my documents from Fidelity. I had 51 shares in FEB21 and I had 814 as of FEB24. I guess we'll see if that meets the criteria!? Will update if I hear anything from Tesla.

Reservation Holder Since FEB2020.
It is indeed unfortunate that Tesla didn't provide an example, because that would have allowed 'us' (the potential applicants) the ability to self validate. They way they have done it requires them to perform the validation. You are right that we will find out when we find out but it could have been easier all around.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got my email today, was denied :-(

Looks like I didn't have enough shares at the right time but I wanted to try anyways. :)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Got my email today, was denied :-(

Looks like I didn't have enough shares at the right time but I wanted to try anyways. :)
Sad for you but possibly good news for those that didn't get that email. Were you in the first group of people asked to provide documentation or the second (yesterday)?