Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Roadbike rider 30+ yrs., if a bike doesn’t disassemble easy, fast and rebuild just as quick — its a NoGo!

Spend on breakdown. I’ve owned both and ended not liking the hassle of hauling the bike that was a PITA to break and rebuild.
It's funny.

I've ridden bikes (mountain, road, gravel) for 30+ years and I will not use a rack or put the bike in the car if I have to disassemble the bike every time. Just a waste of time.
Sponsored

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
I am looking at Electric Bikes that are 80 Ib - 90 lb and not fold-able. The idea of just rolling them up in back of CT and closing the vault while they are standing makes CT that much more attractive. I am thinking even a typical rigid fork bike height is around 42". The highest point of vault at best could be around 37" (more likely 34"). Am I dreaming or is there a convenient way to make this happen?
The user experience of foldable e-bikes may not be as good as that of non-foldable ones. Can you accept her?

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I think get this Cyber Chair, add bigger wheels, bigger battery, drive motors, steering/fwd/reverse joystick
and it'll fit in the bed , and under the bed of the truck. ;)

Tesla Cybertruck eBike in Vault cyber chair cybor

Cyber chair to mod

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I imagine placing the bikes in diagonals crossed one above another. The front wheel of the first bike goes in the left front corner, the FW of the second bike into the right front corner. The steering bars turner to the middle bed. The trick will be to have two sets of supports of different height standing on the floor and passing through the openings in the bike's frame. Three points support placed in right places would be enough for one bike. The second bike would be elevated above the first with the three more supports. The supports could be very simple wooden planks with the V-groves and the wide bases.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The user experience of foldable e-bikes may not be as good as that of non-foldable ones. Can you accept her?
For the most part I agree, hence the thread. I have nothing against the foldable part. It is just that most foldables (not all) come with smaller tires and sub-optimal ergonomics.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I imagine placing the bikes in diagonals crossed one above another. The front wheel of the first bike goes in the left front corner, the FW of the second bike into the right front corner. The steering bars turner to the middle bed. The trick will be to have two sets of supports of different height standing on the floor and passing through the openings in the bike's frame. Three points support placed in right places would be enough for one bike. The second bike would be elevated above the first with the three more supports. The supports could be very simple wooden planks with the V-groves and the wide bases.
I have a hard time seeing it as you describe (I lack a bit of imagination when it comes to converting text to image). A simple drawing of the bike position without support may help if you feel like it.

if you are talking about tilting the bikes, you are correct support would be very important because bikes are designed to handle the stress in upright position. Any torsional stress on frame, fork or the wheels could get ugly with vibrations that comes with driving.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
if you are talking about tilting the bikes, you are correct support would be very important because bikes are designed to handle the stress in upright position. Any torsional stress on frame, fork or the wheels could get ugly with vibrations that comes with driving.
This is mostly not a big deal. A heavy moving blanket between two bikes is usually enough to prevent damage. Just gotta focus on the sensitive bits -> brake levers, shifters and drivetrain. The rest is mostly preventing scratches. A shaped foam pad might do the trick too.

I doubt a frame is going to be a big help because there are so many bits sticking out. Trying to slide a bike into a tight area gets to be a PITA with pedals and grabby bits.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
I have a hard time seeing it as you describe (I lack a bit of imagination when it comes to converting text to image). A simple drawing of the bike position without support may help if you feel like it.

Tesla Cybertruck eBike in Vault 1628189244020

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is mostly not a big deal. A heavy moving blanket between two bikes is usually enough to prevent damage. Just gotta focus on the sensitive bits -> brake levers, shifters and drivetrain. The rest is mostly preventing scratches. A shaped foam pad might do the trick too.

I doubt a frame is going to be a big help because there are so many bits sticking out. Trying to slide a bike into a tight area gets to be a PITA with pedals and grabby bits.
‘Half my bike travels have been laying the bikes on top of each other. After a few scratches, I have a robust SOP for regular bikes. It is already a bit of PITA but acceptable for regular bikes. I definitely don’t want to do it in an SUV with eBikes but CTs ramp definitely removes some lifting pains.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A few words for clarity
1628190380246.png
Perfect. Crystal clear. Thank you.

p.s. You may want to check to make sure there is no copy rights on Kama Sutra ;)

Rio

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck eBike in Vault 87A98BE6-14E7-4A13-9262-837C585027E0

Here is my ebike. I’m also hoping to fit it into the cybertruck.
Hoping to drive it up the ramp, lock in the front tire, secure and compress the front suspension and install a sturdy quick release handlebar removal clamp. By removing the handlebars this would significantly reduce the height and width of the bike. Essentially allowing me to tuck it tight to the truck vault side. Will know more when actual vault dimensions are known.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
87A98BE6-14E7-4A13-9262-837C585027E0.jpeg

Here is my ebike. I’m also hoping to fit it into the cybertruck.
Hoping to drive it up the ramp, lock in the front tire, secure and compress the front suspension and install a sturdy quick release handlebar removal clamp. By removing the handlebars this would significantly reduce the height and width of the bike. Essentially allowing me to tuck it tight to the truck vault side. Will know more when actual vault dimensions are known.
It looks great. What is it?
Sponsored