Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
A heat gun plugged into the bed plug would take a couple minutes to free it I would think. (If the bed opens, if not hammer on it a couple times!) and you don't have to worry about melting your paint, so that's cool.

I don't get why people choose to live on Hoth.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hoth isn't so bad, it's always frozen. There's no liquid water to get into your door, just a little frost to make the plastics stick.

It's that mixed weather that's the worst: It has enough water to get onto and then into things, but then enough cold to freeze it all hard.

Tesla's door-opening icebreaker seems like just the right amount of jolt. All thanks to nice, torquey electricity.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I wonder how much overlap would be between Faraday FF91 door design and CT. Would Tesla use a button somewhere in the black zone near the glass or everything sealed behind the exterior talking to your phone with some invisible Voodoo magic? Interesting to see.

Last edited:

OOHMMM

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Range Rover, Volvo XC-70,
Occupation
Med-tech entrepreneur
Country flag
...or, maybe Musk is just fucking with us.

jhciv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Cybertruck; First Production Model 3
Country flag
Didn't see this suggestion in the thread, so here goes... a "kick under the door" sensor to open, similar to how many tailgates open now. The ice problem will be solved with the Model X style pushrod no doubt.

But I do think the most likely is a push button (either physical or capacitive) in the b pillar. Similar to the Mustang Mach E.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Only 10%? I have a 800sqft cabin valued at over 350K. The median home here is north of 750K now. I know prices in other metros have gone up, but...

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would think the tailgate could take a couple wacks then open, I assume you can open the tailgate with the vault closed... but the slideup vault thing seems like it could have problems with ice for sure!

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand the price thing! It's sad I will probably have to leave my hometown because prices are just bonkers. But the nerdy thing... That's the new norm, it's OK to be a dork/nerd nowadays!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I broke a handle on my 04 tacoma pulling on a frozen door. I replaced the handle then it locked me out with the keys in the ignition and it was all my fault. First I didn't silicon the door seals which would have prevented the frozen door, then I didn't properly lubricate the new handle and when I pulled the handle it moved the lock just enough to engage. In both cases silicon is the answer.
If Tesla uses silicon door seals for waterproof floating it will also prevent door freezes and I can't break no handles or break, tear door apart, replace, lock myself out, call neighbor to bring spare, tear door apart, lubricate, pray it's good now but always pull the keys in case it isn't, paradise.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
? I thought you were going to say you’d have to have the solar option, *and* direct sun, to be able to open the door.

I don’t think mechanical springs in known materials are very fitting for propulsion of a vehicle with the range and all the (safety) features we are used to today.
If that’s the case we would be stuffed here in the U.K., that’s assuming we get the opportunity to buy the CT.
Sponsored