g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I predict exterior dimensions on the production Cybertruck are roughly 3% smaller than the concept.
It's the size of a Tacoma LONG BED 4DR CAB. But wider.
Sponsored

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I would bet there is at least 1 finished beta and more being finished up soon. Joe needs to be on the hunt for some drone footage of these betas because you know they must be at Austin somewhere. I wonder if these betas are running prototype 4680 pack with multi-cast front and rear subframes.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Drone can’t see what’s underground .
Hmmmm.. I wonder 💭
🤔

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
He's in love with his own creation.
Shouldn’t you be?

I mean… if someone makes something and they aren’t proud of it, do you really want it?

We’ve been building a trail and are wrapping up a pretty epic bridge. We’re not even done with this and I feel compelled to brag about it every chance I get.

Tesla Cybertruck Elon: "I was just reviewing the production beta Cybertruck. It is incredible." 1675297351257

I build tiny things and brag on it. Musk is building something big… yeah, I get it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s a bitter sad lonely taste ain’t it? Let’s see what happens. It’s definitely the next known date of possibility.

Yea, on earnings calls and the 1000v mention at semi but radio silence otherwise I think?
What do you expect, a daily journal?

Jan 1st: Stopped by the butt simulator at the seat testing labs, they think they’ve mastered the million butt seat. When I asked them if they were simulating the full chili bean experience, they said no, so I made them start over.

Jan 2nd: On the throne and I realized we could use scraps from the Cybertruck to make toilet paper holders.

Jan 3rd: Stopped by the labs today just to fondle the truck a bit. Decided instead of sleeping on the factory floor I’d sleep in the back seat of the truck.

Jan 3rd: Told the seat guys they overdid it on the chili bean experience in the back seat of the truck

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Shouldn’t you be?

I mean… if someone makes something and they aren’t proud of it, do you really want it?

We’ve been building a trail and are wrapping up a pretty epic bridge. We’re not even done with this and I feel compelled to brag about it every chance I get.

1675297351257.jpeg

I build tiny things and brag on it. Musk is building something big… yeah, I get it.
And they made fun of you for playing with Lincoln Logs as a kid. 😃 Hell of a job Ogre!

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UAW union protections for leakers. GM is not able to control stuff like this.

Honestly, many fans of Tesla and the CT are Tesla employees. They are mixed in with this community and others. Leaks happen all the time. Tesla may be taking a page out of the Apple playbook though by keeping the vast majority of those working on a product in the dark on the larger picture. Its a challenge to do, and it isn't perfect. But the people involved are often vetted and care about preventing leaks.
apple is pretty good at keeping wraps on new products. I remember their airpod 3 pics leaked only after their chinese manufacturer got their hands on it. So i got to see it about 2 months ahead of release

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In a pinch, I’ll trade in the Model Y and lease a Model 3 for a few years. The $399/ month deal they have going on right now is very tempting. The trade in should bring down the price quite a bit. After the Model 3 lease is over, Tesla will likely have their even lower end car in production.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Have you checked out pricing on gasoline powered crew cab 2023 F-150's if you don't want to get a low-tech, plain jane two-wheel drive without tow packages, or powerful motors?

Dang! Most of the nicer ones are in the mid $70's and you get a crappy, gas guzzling, top-heavy, fragile painted truck with styling from horrorsville.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
… get a crappy, gas guzzling, top-heavy, fragile painted truck with styling from horrorsville.
This is what cracks me up about people bagging on the Cybertruck.

Pickup stying is generally fugly to me. I’m not making any bold claims for the Cybertruck, but anyone who trashes it by comparing it to a modern pickup is nuts.

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
This is what cracks me up about people bagging on the Cybertruck.

Pickup stying is generally fugly to me. I’m not making any bold claims for the Cybertruck, but anyone who trashes it by comparing it to a modern pickup is nuts.
Trucks from the Big 3 are nicely styled both in and out. The CT on the other hand has nothing beautiful about it except the charging network and software. Everything else is out of "horrorsville"

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Trucks from the Big 3 are nicely styled both in and out. The CT on the other hand has nothing beautiful about it except the charging network and software. Everything else is out of "horrorsville"
That’s a debatable opinion.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
How does tesla avoid insider leaks for what is now a years long project.
People like working at Tesla. It's the #1 most desirability destination for engineers, for years. Sometimes #2 to SpaceX. These people take pride in their project, and don't want to risk their jobs.

And really, if you've seen it, why do you care if other people do?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Shouldn’t you be?

1675297351257.jpeg

I aint agin it.
Just noting it.
Cool bridge, don't let Alec Guiness near it.
Sponsored