Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
One of the reasons I'm fascinated by eBikes and cargo bikes these days.

Pinion (brand) gearing plus Gates carbon belt drive, and you get low maintenance, no insurance or registration fees, and built in exercise for getting the groceries!
Yeah. The lack of a bike lane and Caltrans lobbying against rural ped/bike routes and the county not maintaining put fire roads... plus the e-bikes having no ratings for hill climbs... put a damper on my getting one.

So my spouse got me a used Zero instead.

-Crissa
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I managed to remain optimistic up until his comments during this shareholders meeting. By now Tesla probably has a very good understanding of cost and effort to build this thing. Elon has done a 180 from saying this would be easier and more efficient to produce to now saying its very difficult and hard to manufacture. Any confidence I had for this truck being truly affordable to the masses is out the window. Tesla has just been stacking pillows underneath us to soften the fall when we pass out at seeing the price. At this point I'm just planning to keep my existing 8 year old car for another 3-4 years and see what happens.
I agree with you......as I have said many times, it's hard to believe with the design being frozen, they dont have a very good idea of cost and what they are going to make first....we have heard so many thing from Elon that it seems like he is talking out of both sides f this mouth.....the new pix of the truck this week a giga Texas really show a shortened CT and I am not too thrilled......

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
the new pix of the truck this week a giga Texas really show a shortened CT and I am not too thrilled......
Shortened? Do you have evidence other than your interpretation of photos that anything was lost? Or what you think was lost?

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I agree with you......as I have said many times, it's hard to believe with the design being frozen, they dont have a very good idea of cost and what they are going to make first....we have heard so many thing from Elon that it seems like he is talking out of both sides f this mouth.....the new pix of the truck this week a giga Texas really show a shortened CT and I am not too thrilled......
What part of the truck looks smaller than you were expecting?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Shortened? Do you have evidence other than your interpretation of photos that anything was lost? Or what you think was lost?

-Crissa
yes....my eyes

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the front end appears to be shorter than reveal CT
I couldn't see it when someone claimed the front end looked suddenly shorter (to my eye that change happened a long time ago, a while after Elon said they were shrinking the entire truck by a tiny amount in all dimensions). There is little doubt the size has been trimmed slightly since the reveal, I just haven't seen any recent changes in size that look significant to me.

How do you expect this perception of a smaller front overhang to affect your useage (assuming it is smaller than previous development versions).

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I couldn't see it when someone claimed the front end looked suddenly shorter (to my eye that change happened a long time ago, a while after Elon said they were shrinking the entire truck by a tiny amount in all dimensions). There is little doubt the size has been trimmed slightly since the reveal, I just haven't seen any recent changes in size that look significant to me.

How do you expect this perception of a smaller front overhang to affect your useage (assuming it is smaller than previous development versions).
no, but it really changes the look for me......I liked the longer front end

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What do your eyes say is missing from the specs?

-Crissa
What do your eyes say is missing from the specs?

-Crissa
never mentioned specs....I said it looked shorter.......you need to read thing a little better. and stick to what I said......quit trying to justify your being at odds with what anybody say if you dont like it by changing the subject

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
no, but it really changes the look for me......I liked the longer front end
Oh, it sounded like you were saying the new pix this week looked shorter than what we were already expecting.

Here's the funny thing:

After the original reveal in 2019, it didn't take long for a huge groundswell of disappointed people to moan and groan that it was too big for most people. They lobbied Musk to make it substantially smaller, or at least release a compact version of it AKA "Wolverine Edition".

I need it to replace my F-150 with a 6.5 foot bed and won't be driving it often in urban areas with narrow, congested streets, so my personal preference is bigger vs. smaller. But Tesla's not making it just for me so they have to find the sweet spot that can make it sell in the most advantageous numbers (meaning making as many people as possible happy).

My best guess is the size of the reveal Cybertruck could limit total sales compared to more recent versions, which looked like they have been ever so slightly slimmed down.

I'm going to love it either way, the vehicles size was never about aesthetics for me, and I think both versions look balanced and proper.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh, it sounded like you were saying the new pix this week looked shorter than what we were already expecting.

Here's the funny thing:

After the original reveal in 2019, it didn't take long for a huge groundswell of disappointed people to moan and groan that it was too big for most people. They lobbied Musk to make it substantially smaller, or at least release a compact version of it AKA "Wolverine Edition".

I need it to replace my F-150 with a 6.5 foot bed and won't be driving it often in urban areas with narrow, congested streets, so my personal preference is bigger vs. smaller. But Tesla's not making it just for me so they have to find the sweet spot that can make it sell in the most advantageous numbers (meaning making as many people as possible happy).

My best guess is the size of the reveal Cybertruck could limit total sales compared to more recent versions, which looked like they have been ever so slightly slimmed down.

I'm going to love it either way, the vehicles size was never about aesthetics for me, and I think both versions look balanced and proper.
sorry if I was confusing you and others......it looks shorter than the reveal......and I dont really like the "pug" nose look......I do agree it will be almost too big for small congested streets......for that reason alone I can see why Elon made it smaller.......now it sounds like he wants it to be a "camper-like truck"....that is what I envisioned and was looking forward to.....I am 3.5 years older than reveal night and my reflexes, coordination and reaction time is not what it used to be and starting to wain, so I will be giving up my BMW R1200gs motorcycle after over 35 years of riding and 350k miles. I got a late start riding after I retired from the Marine Corps..... after my (last) fall camping trip to the desert I was hoping I could use the CT as a nice substitute......my son will get my bike so he can go on the Utah BDR in the late fall.....si I hope I like the CT......I will be able to put all my "home comfort" items in it.....solar generator and panels, and 12v cooler and electric grill and all the goodies for motel in the desert......hehehehe
Sponsored