Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have been shopping with my wife at Target in foster city. It sells everything, and people are wearing masks and staying 6’ apart. Why can Target and Costco be open and sell everything, and not all similar places? Tesla is highly automated so why can’t it open and maintain social distancing and use PPEs? I have been a strong proponent for SIP, social distancing, and the use of PPEs, but people (everywhere) really do believe that coronavirus is a hoax or not a problem. So let’s open up; see if they are right. I will stay safe at home. Good luck America. As for Tesla, they have a solid argument and I bet they will be allowed to reopen, and I will still buy my CT no matter where the company HQ is and no matter where the CT is made.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is a real sjit show in the TMC investor thread right now...
My thoughts have always been that TSLA should have nothing in California but a headhunter for the young engineer talent.
Elon only chose Fremont because he didn't understand that there were alot better environments to place your business in the USA than Cali, and he got a deal.
The only real argument about staying in Cali is the pool of engineers is superior. But the thing is I know engineers. Those geeks will travel at the drop of a hat for a job that they like. It isn't an issue.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My thoughts have always been that TSLA should have nothing in California but a headhunter for the young engineer talent.
Elon only chose Fremont because he didn't understand that there were alot better environments to place your business in the USA than Cali, and he got a deal.
The only real argument about staying in Cali is the pool of engineers is superior. But the thing is I know engineers. Those geeks will travel at the drop of a hat for a job that they like. It isn't an issue.
“Cali”? Who talks like that? I find it hard to believe that the poster is involved in the software industry as a developer, because the only developers that will move at the drop of a hat are contractors and they usually aren’t the best developers and certainly aren’t reliable. The term mercenary comes to mind. Elon Musk is free to go where he wants to, for whatever reason, but I think it would be unwise. There is no perfect place; there are always issues and compromises. I hope he thinks them all out.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, how long do you think it would take Tesla to move its Model Y assembly line from Fremont CA to Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV by existing roads? Do you think this would help jump start the production of the Tesla Semi in Gigafactory 1 to help accomplish the move? The distance is around 345 miles each way. This would leave Fremont with the capability of making model s and model x in low volumes and maybe even the new Roadster. It would lower Tesla’s tax liability in CA and costs of electric energy. It would eliminate a state income tax for assembly line employees on three potential assembly lines. How long will it take for the Federal district court of Northern California to issue a ruling one way or another on Tesla’s suit.? Do you think Elon Musk has already played out this chess game in his mind now that he is selling some real estate in CA. $40 Million could buy him something nice on Lake Tahoe, maybe even the property in Godfather 2. Ted Cruz has already thanked him for moving the Cybertruck factory to Texas, another no state income tax venue.
Just asking.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Fremont would be best to let die on the vine. Not cut off its nose to spite its face.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag

Another reason he liked the west coast was their ports in San Fran they can import things and ship to China very easy out of Oakland which is neighbors to their factory. I agree he should move to Houston Tx. He could live like a king there. I might move out of California this year as well....

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon has a typical absentee factory owner, thumb your nose at the world attitude. He's safe in his fortress of properties in Palo Alto. Alameda county where his factory resides has a continuing, new covid case rate in the 40s per day. The surrounding counties are doing a little better. The region al adjoining counties need to solve this problem together... Does he have a public plan to keep the workers relatively safe? Got rapid, 15 min covid tests on the factory site, Elon? How about some next gen public health tech at Freemont?! Sick factories just produce shitty product.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This thread is diving into political agendas and tribalism that i feel it should just end here. We are here to talk about the CT, not politics. There are plenty of other forums for that BS.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The name of this thread makes Elon's response to Alameda county's health response relevant. Tesla can ill afford to 1. Move out of Fremont: 2. Re-open Fremont without an approved plan, if we want to get our CTs in a reasonable time.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like Elon might be going to jail. Per quote: " Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me."
Sponsored