John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Just to be clear, everyone here is ok for early reservations to mark up the MSRP 20k to flip, but not ok with Ford dealerships doing this?

One is unethical, the other is good planning and good capitalism?

Ok. Got it.
The difference between the two, one stated a lesser price and the other sated one marked up price only.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sound great guys. Sound great, I will wait for my Cybertruck!
With a 11/27/2019 order date I should get my the latest on about the end of 2024! I think I can wait then.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Sound great guys. Sound great, I will wait for my Cybertruck!
With a 11/27/2019 order date I should get my the latest on about the end of 2024! I think I can wait then.
As long as you upgrade motors. If you stick to a single motor, you may wait a long time.

with how few single motors to be made, they will be holy grail sought after collector models in 50 years.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Just to be clear, everyone here is ok for early reservations to mark up the MSRP 20k to flip, but not ok with Ford dealerships doing this?

Ok. Got it.
Just because something has gone up in value doesn't mean you need to sell it. I put in my reservation the night of the reveal. I'm probably going to have spent over 3 years looking forward to getting my Cybertruck. Prepared to pay more for a vehicle than I ever have, and there's no way I'm taking $25, 000 and sitting around for years to get another Cybertruck.

It's just like buying a house and seeing the value go up, it feels good to know you're not upside down. But If I sell, then I'm going to have pay more too. So why would I want to sell?

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Just because something has gone up in value doesn't mean you need to sell it. I put in my reservation the night of the reveal. I'm probably going to have spent over 3 years looking forward to getting my Cybertruck. Prepared to pay more for a vehicle than I ever have, and there's no way I'm taking $25, 000 and sitting around for years to get another Cybertruck.

It's just like buying a house and seeing the value go up, it feels good to know you're not upside down. But If I sell, then I'm going to have pay more too. So why would I want to sell?
Agreed. I'm not selling mine ever!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Wow!!! I checked my RN# to find out what my Estimated Delivery Date is and to my surprise this is what i got.
I order my Cybertruck on 11/27/2019
Est Position 273,116
Est Position for Trim 9,560
Est Delivery Date 2/28/2026

This is a crazy delivery date. It has to be wrong. If this is correct i feel sorry for those who order after 11/27/2019.
I think I am giving up on the Cybertruck dream. I am just going to wake up and get the Lighning Lariat, I was one of the first one that put in for it. #1 on my Ford dealer list!
That is just bananas

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

Ok. Got it.
Just pointing out, Computer, Rutrow is just one person asserting his willingness to mark up $20,000. You may be right about the double standard, because I ordered a second CT over a year after my first one. I wouldn't mind making 20k off the top if I can, but somehow a dealership doing that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it has to do with the fact that dealers have an MSRP that they're supposed to adhere to, me, I have no agreement to sell for a certain price above cost. But I do see your point, it's ok for me but not for them. Lemme ask you, if you could bank 20k for exchanging a couple of signatures, would you?
Just to be clear, the first CT I get my hands on is mine, mine MINE forever!

Last edited:

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
20k? The first CT in Dubai will be an early US delivery, flipped at auction, with a reserve at 2x MSRP. My bet a sale price somewhere north of 200k... With a possible lifetime Tesla ban to the seller

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Just pointing out, Computer, Rutrow is just one person asserting his willingness to mark up $20,000. You may be right about the double standard, because I ordered a second CT over a year after my first one. I wouldn't mind making 20k off the top if I can, but somehow a dealership doing that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it has to do with the fact that dealers have an MSRP that they're supposed to adhere to, me, I have no agreement to sell for a certain price above cost. But I do see your point, it's ok for me but not for them. Lemme ask you, if you could bank 20k for exchanging a couple of signatures, would you?
Just to be clear, the first CT I get my hands on is mine, mine MINE forever!
I'm playing the devil's advocate to make a point. I realize that one is "more" acceptable than the other for all the reasons everyone responded and I do also think flipping it as an end user is not technically a bad thing. But my point is that the motivation behind both instances are exactly the same so at the root of it, not different. It's kinda ridiculous for us to be ok with it in one instance, and offended by it in another instance. But that is the nature of our preferred economic system!

Personally, as I've mentioned above.. I wouldn't sell mine ever. I also would never buy a second one with the intention of flipping because I believe that is an extremely wishful risk for those with plans to buy then flip their early reservation CTs. I don't have that kind of spare cash to take that risk.. but I understand that many do, and its their own choice to take that risk.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
I wouldn’t move to California for a free CT, a free house, and 200k/yr to spend. Not a chance.
By car camping I've never held any residence here, so technically I can still say I've never lived in CA. I get what you mean tho, its like people cant see the heaps of trash and nyc style homelessness ppl around every corner. Homes worth a million that I wouldn't pay 100k for, forget it a real conversation about political solutions, and damn I never thought I'd miss weather so much. Texas is nice tho.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
That would more than likely raise your standard of living and life expectancy greatly.

-Crissa
No I do well enough I can avoid having to live in such a place. Not knocking the good folks there, just not somewhere I would ever step foot again.
Sponsored

Last edited: