Everyone stay calm. Keep your order until things settle.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So as I continue to adjust and process the price on the Dual CT and my consideration to purchase or not I have put some thought into the value of Powershare.

I am building a new home starting fall 2024 after 24 years in my current home. The new home will have a great southern exposure and I am planning for a solar system (from who I will lean on @SolarWizard) which will include the new Powerwall 3's and gateway. The home will need 3 powerwalls. Powerwall 2 is $8400 for 13.5 kWh.

With Powershare I would think I can now do one wall and use the CT to subliment the other 2. This also allows me to have a wall in place to run the home if I need to use or charge the CT.

This saves me $16,800. Now this seems like a better proposition. I could use some help @SolarWizard to flush this out and if I am looking at this right.

If this is correct I now can look at the CT as 79,900 minus 7500 (72,400) minus 16,800 which looks like 55,600.

If correct this looks like a better proposition and one I would consider.

Thoughts
I’d consult a financial planner or your spouse
Sponsored

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Why keep a deposit on something you can’t afford?
Those suggesting more time to save should consult a financial planner.
Are you a financial planner looking for a job?

How can you know for certain what the price will be in the future, and when people's order comes up for delivery and what their financial positions is then?

Nobody is getting a CT yet. So keeping a $100 deposit for a spot in line is something many can afford.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Are you a financial planner looking for a job?

How can you know for certain what the price will be in the future, and when people's order comes up for delivery and what their financial positions is then?

Nobody is getting a CT yet. So keeping a $100 deposit for a spot in line is something many can afford.
You are the one telling people not to take their money out. basically giving unsolicited advice on what to do with their money.

I am simply highlighting TO YOU that people may want their deposit back because the $40,000 vehicle they were hoping for is $80,000.

I am a day one minute one reservation holder I was planning to spend $80,000. I will now be spending ~120,000. (cyber beast plus range extender.) I am doing this because I am a car nut, is it a good financial move ? God no probably one of the worst ones I will make on a vehicle, but it will be all smiles.

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You are the one telling people not to take their money out. basically giving unsolicited advice on what to do with their money.

I am simply highlighting TO YOU that people may want their deposit back because the $40,000 vehicle they were hoping for is $80,000.

I am a day one minute one reservation holder I was planning to spend $80,000. I will now be spending ~120,000. (cyber beast plus range extender.) I am doing this because I am a car nut, is it a good financial move ? God no probably one of the worst ones I will make on a vehicle, but it will be all smiles.
So you can predict the future?

You can't prove what the price will be more than I can, when someone's order comes up.

And I'm only talking about holding onto a $100 "option" so I'm not sure what you are taking issue with.

Do you want other people to ditch their reservation so you can jump the que?
I don't get your motivations.

I'm just trying to help people give themselves some time to choose what they want to do. No reason to rush it.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So you can predict the future?

You can't prove what the price will be more than I can, when someone's order comes up.

And I'm only talking about holding onto a $100 "option" so I'm not sure what you are taking issue with.

Do you want other people to ditch their reservation so you can jump the que?
I don't get your motivations.

I'm just trying to help people give themselves some time to choose what they want to do. No reason to rush it.
My spot in line is within the first 1000 units

Let’s agree, then that my advice is if you can’t afford it and want your money back get it now. Your advice is leave your money in.
two different points of view don’t take it personally

My pov has just as much insight and inside information as yours does and from a finance perspective, much more sound

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Price is gonna drop in two years or so, Tesla wants to do huge volumes of this truck. But at the current production capacity, they won't be able to produce enough of the 100k Tri-Motor. Tesla's goal is to sell like a million of these every year. So it will become cheap eventually.

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
My spot in line is within the first 1000 units

Let’s agree, then that my advice is if you can’t afford it and want your money back get it now. Your advice is leave your money in.
two different points of view don’t take it personally

My pov has just as much insight and inside information as yours does and from a finance perspective, much more sound
Just answer one question: is it possible that the price can go down in the future?

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Just answer one question: is it possible that the price can go down in the future?
Of course it is.
Tesla has dropped prices like no other, upsetting many owners and making cost of ownership very high due to the depreciation (which is the #1 cost in vehicle ownership)

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I also placed a second order after the event yesterday. Went the AWD route rather than Beast

My new RN is significantly higher, but the website told me it would be delivered in 2024 so obviously I will take that as gospel given that the CT doesn't have any history of breaching timelines thus far.

My prior RN is a 112 for a Trimotor, or well, it *was* for a tri-motor. The new RN is a 120.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
I’m holding on, but disappointed at the pricing and range. My reservation was for the Trị-motor, but for now it’s priced about 30k over the original and less than 500 miles range. I will sit back and see what happens down the road until my number comes up. If nothing changes then I might opt for the Dual Motor provided that nothing else comes out that catches my eye by then. Elon just pulled a “Rivian” on us reservation holders. Not good. Underperforming and overpriced from the information given so far.

OP
OP
JBee

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Of course it is.
Tesla has dropped prices like no other, upsetting many owners and making cost of ownership very high due to the depreciation (which is the #1 cost in vehicle ownership)
Cool.. so how can you say it will not be affordable for someone in the future that has a deposit now?

You can't.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Cool.. so how can you say it will not be affordable for someone in the future that has a deposit now?

You can't.
If/When it gets affordable they won’t need a deposit.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I’d consult a financial planner or your spouse
What an odd response. To interpret my post as if you understand my finiancail situation and my relation with my wife.

Decided to tone down my reply.

Last edited:

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
What an odd response. To interpret my post as if you understand my finiancail situation and my relation with my wife.

I believe over the pond they might say something like, "piss off".

Actually it may be more accurate to say across the pond. Either way you get the point.
No offense intended.
you ended your post with “Thoughts”
Maybe I misunderstood “Thoughts” as a statement instead of a question

That’s what I gave you. My thoughts based on experience that’s worked well for me: listening to my financial planner and wife

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
No offense intended.
you ended your post with “Thoughts”
Maybe I misunderstood “Thoughts” as a statement instead of a question

That’s what I gave you. My thoughts based on experience that’s worked well for me: listening to my financial planner and wife
Thoughts on the Powershare suporting the home minus 2 powerwalls. The economics of the truck with Powershare considered in value of the CT.

I haven't said I can't afford the CT, anything about my realtionship with my accountant of almost 30 years or what I share with my wife of 23 years.
Sponsored