Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So here is an example of a guy running a snowplow business using a MY.

Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
So here is an example of a guy running a snowplow business using a MY.

Wow, thatā€™s a cool plow. Hadnt thought of having one for going reverse. Tractors often have the plow on the back but for going forwards. I wonder if it would be as stable on the European hitch ball. And the transport mode means it could be on the car when going to the cabin to plow too. ?

I think I would have preferred a slightly more asymmetric shape which controls the snow even more to one side when plowing longer stretches though. Would probably cost more and take up more space of course.

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I'm not sure any self-respecting plow guy would attach that to a CT.

Just sayin', but pretty sure....

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Interesting to me, who spends half his winter tractoring snow. And congrats to that chap for showing that a Y has the traction and the rear connectivity (and the visibility with the camera) for plowing. Thanks for posting.

I'll look again but I don't think it showed how it attached. And I'm wondering if it could be attached to the front. Would make for easier pushing but harder to attach, and possible headlight issue.

What's needed now, in order of importance in the ability to control from the driver's seat: -raise/lower it, -angle left/right, -raise/lower the left/right side. I should think that this could be done with 12v actuators that could make for a kit that would sell well.

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OK, this has got to be the coldest way to plow snow. LOL.

This is a Lordstown test apparently.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Wow, thatā€™s a cool plow. Hadnt thought of having one for going reverse. Tractors often have the plow on the back but for going forwards. I wonder if it would be as stable on the European hitch ball. And the transport mode means it could be on the car when going to the cabin to plow too. ?

I think I would have preferred a slightly more asymmetric shape which controls the snow even more to one side when plowing longer stretches though. Would probably cost more and take up more space of course.
I've had this Snowsport HD plough for about 9 or 10 years. They are meant to mount to a 2" square receiver. You can usually get a forward hitch for most pickup trucks and SUVs sold in North America for about $100-200 and that is what this is meant to be mounted to. Obviously it will work in reverse, but is harder to plough unless you have a good backup camera.

As far as angle, the mount I have lets me adjust the plow to push snow to one side or another. It's got a pin you pull out, angle the blade to one side or the other, then push the pin back to lock it in.

The beauty of this plow is the simplicity and very low risk of damaging infrastructure. There is no need for controls, electric wiring, or hydraulics. It plows as you drive forward, and tilts the blade back and lifts it a little as you drive in reverse. I bought it for my Dad to use very easily.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting to me, who spends half his winter tractoring snow. And congrats to that chap for showing that a Y has the traction and the rear connectivity (and the visibility with the camera) for plowing. Thanks for posting.

I'll look again but I don't think it showed how it attached. And I'm wondering if it could be attached to the front. Would make for easier pushing but harder to attach, and possible headlight issue.

What's needed now, in order of importance in the ability to control from the driver's seat: -raise/lower it, -angle left/right, -raise/lower the left/right side. I should think that this could be done with 12v actuators that could make for a kit that would sell well.
Read my other comment in this thread about angling the blade and the purpose of the Snowsport HD plough to be simple and easy to use.

As far as mounting to the front, someone would have to make a front hitch for a Tesla.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I'm not sure any self-respecting plow guy would attach that to a CT.

Just sayin', but pretty sure....
Maybe in Flagstaff that is what goes for a self respecting g snow plow guy. I looked at the Snowsports site and then on Amazon and there are lots of these things out there.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Read my other comment in this thread about angling the blade and the purpose of the Snowsport HD plough to be simple and easy to use.

As far as mounting to the front, someone would have to make a front hitch for a Tesla.
True enough but I did see images on Amazon of these things mounted in the front. I think that the ā€˜self adjustingā€™ aspect assumes it is mounted in the rear.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True enough but I did see images on Amazon of these things mounted in the front. I think that the ā€˜self adjustingā€™ aspect assumes it is mounted in the rear.
The self-adjusting works no matter where you mount it. The 9 years we've had it we used it on front hitches for a Ford Expedition, Chevy Blazer, and Chevy S10 pickup. You can find many other YouTube videos about the Snowsport, including some of mine that I uploaded 9 years ago. Unless they're doing commercial work or have a huge amount of snow, this blade should serve most people's needs.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think a snow plow for the Cyberquad would a better match for my needs... and I would have an excuse to buy a Cyberquad. ;)

We hardly get a bunch of snow, but tomorrow we are supposed to get 8 to 11 inches, so would be nice time to time...
Sponsored