lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Both good points. Has Tesla forgotten how shitty people are? There are cameras on there to catch them, but pretty soon thieves will catch on and wear masks. And the authorities will do nothing because it’s not a major crime. Third parties better come to the rescue with some lockable options.
Does stainless conduct electricity? Asking for a friend ...
Sponsored

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
A few people think their life calling is making up bad things that supposedly make the Cybertruck (or anything Tesla) a terrible idea. I don't know why they feel the need to make this stuff up, but their words are right there for all to see.
.. for get anything Tesla, anything at all.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Both good points. Has Tesla forgotten how shitty people are? There are cameras on there to catch them, but pretty soon thieves will catch on and wear masks. And the authorities will do nothing because it’s not a major crime. Third parties better come to the rescue with some lockable options.
I feel sorry for people who live and work in areas where the people around you might actually take your wheel covers or fender flares.

Don't get me wrong, I live and travel in areas with plenty of people who are economically challenged, but most of them have enough self-respect that they wouldn't even consider taking off your wheel or fender covers. That would be work, and anyone willing and able to work can make at least $20/hour legally. Why would they steal and sell low-value stuff that's difficult to monetize?

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Easy for someone to steal the cameras that are in the fenders.
Good point.
However, there are many things easily removed from any vehicle but aren’t. Think how easily it would be for a bad actor to remove your license plate.. but it rarely happens.

MasterQwin

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
Occupation
Airline pilot
Country flag
If people wish to steal, they would be recorded. Maybe even by another Tesla. Who knows if Tesla can assist in identifying, AI is moving fast.

Wearing a mask will help, but will require pre-planning. The odds lessen with every deterrent.
Deterrent? There’s no deterrent anymore. The internet is full of videos showing full faced thugs stealing with impunity. The Cybertruck is going to be a HUGE target for thieves. Bank on it.

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Maverick, Model 3
Country flag
Ford Bronco fenders remove just as easy as these with no tools. Twist a few latches and pop them off. I haven’t seen/heard of this being a problem and I have never had an issue with my Bronco who’s fenders would be easier to sell based on production volume of the vehicle.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
couldn't they find a dude who speaKs english or at least captions. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words (videos even more)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I doubt the camera is too sensitive to orientation and position. Cameras would be either constantly or periodically updating this on the computer side. This would be done on each vehicle, to the point the code might not vary much between different models and cameras.

This is the same way it works using drone photography for 3D othomosiac maps, where the camera position and orientation points are unknown and need to calculated in software first, and then the image distances and volumes are calculated by a point cloud andqthen overlaid with the image for recognition.
Yea,
Once Tesla licences FSD to other OEM's, as long as they have the cameras covering to spec, I expect the software to be smart enough to seamlessly calibrate.

ModelXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Fender flares being removed from a Foundation Series Cybertruck that's being prepared for wrapping. Looks easy -- just requires some tab removals.

Update: They wrapped it in Satin Black wrap

satin-black-wrap-cybertruck-jpeg.jpg
It would seem to be easy for a thief to steal these. Perhaps a single security screw from the inside of the fender?

OP
OP
Old Spice

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Looks like the satin black wrap is fully installed

Tesla Cybertruck Fender Flares remove easily from Cybertruck (video) & satin black wrap installed satin black wrap cybertruck

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag