Final payment completed for my Foundation Series!

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thank you for the warning.

The specificity of the dates in those messages seemed too good to be true. I believe, based on my past Tesla experiences, that our next step is to be assigned a VIN.

Also, my experience has been that the SAs know very little about the manufacturing dates.

A counterpoint: Tesla does seem to be doing things differently for the Cybertruck... especially surprising to me was to learn that a few folks had already paid for their Cybertruck before receiving their VIN.
I picked up a Model Y on Thursday last week and I was actually asked by my Operations Advisor to let him know about if anything moves on my Cybertruck order because they are in the dark about the order process right now and everyone at the service center is very interested in how customers are being interacted with because they don't have transparency into it.
Sponsored

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Ok thanks for sharing. I I ploaded mine on December 21st and didn’t know if the delay was just par for the course. Was the trade in offer reasonable? I’m looking forward to the December 8th orders getting VIN’s so at least we know more regular folks will be getting trucks soon.
Trading in my 2018 M3P with 75k miles on it. Got offered $19,500. I was hoping for over $20k but not worth the hassle to shop around. I absolutely love the car, but don't have a need for it as I'll never choose to drive it over the Cybertruck.

I paid $75,500 for it back in September 2018, so I keep telling myself I'm getting a way better and cooler car 5 years later for the same price ($100k in 2024 = $75k in 2018).

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Trading in my 2018 M3P with 75k miles on it. Got offered $19,500. I was hoping for over $20k but not worth the hassle to shop around. I absolutely love the car, but don't have a need for it as I'll never choose to drive it over the Cybertruck.

I paid $75,500 for it back in September 2018, so I keep telling myself I'm getting a way better and cooler car 5 years later for the same price ($100k in 2024 = $75k in 2018).
Ok cool. We’re trading in my wife’s 2018 M3LR with 57,000 miles on it. I’d be happy with $19,000 but it’s probably worth a little less. I agree that you’re getting a way better car for the same price. I’ve researched it and $17k-$19k seems to be the window for ours. Hopefully we get closer to the $19k. We’ve traded in cars through Tesla with every car we’ve bought and the process is just so easy it’s hard to try private or dealer sale for an extra few bucks.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Uploaded trade-in info on Dec 8 and got a quote back on Dec 21. Still no VIN and quote expires on Jan 21
You will probably not hear anything else until a few days before you pickup the vehicle, similar to all the other Tesla cars.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I did a trade on my model 3 for a model Y and it took 6 months after the trade in offer to get the Y.

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Thanks for the price details. It looks like the total cost of the Beast Foundation Series including finance costs in your scenario is approximately $160,270:

my calculation:
Vehicle: $122,235.00 (including $250 order fee)
License fee: $795.00
Title fee: $33.00
Tire fee $7.00
Sales tax: $9,471.21
Finance charges (interest): $26,881.56
Total price:$ 160,270.56

That helps in a total cost calculation for other scenarios: FS/regular edition, trim level, options, cash/finance mix.
Sponsored