Vehicles
2014 S, Multiple Classics
Occupation
Cars
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Finally IMG_5905
Tesla Cybertruck Finally IMG_5931
Tesla Cybertruck Finally IMG_5462
First delivery in Eastern NE/Western IA I was told by the Tesla store gang that greeted me today. Driving around downtown Omaha during Warren’s Berkshire shareholder’s meeting is pretty surreal 😆.

*****UPDATE:
Well, I've got two days of driving bliss under my belt, so here's a few takes for those still waiting (and hanging on every review like I was just 48 hours ago)...

1. DELIVERY: My wife and I took a Lyft from our home about 25 miles away at 9:20am to be sure we weren't late for our 10:00am delivery appointment. The Council Bluffs, IA Service Center did a really nice, yet subtle, job. I was checked in with my driver's license, and told to wait inside while they pulled my CT out from the service bay. I would have as much time as I wanted to inspect the vehicle before talking delivery, Preston informed me. Nothing flashy like some of those early ones we saw in Cali with smoke and lights and red carpets. But the crew at CB was really excited to see us (this was their first delivery) and genuinely happy to see us so happy.

Preston, Armondo, and the rest of them seemed to have really gone above and beyond to prep the CT - I mean, it was spotless. Beautifully detailed and, somehow, without a single fingerprint. We took pictures with all of them, and then they took pics of my wife and me. All-in-all, about an hour just looking it over and chit-chatting about Tesla and the CT with the employees before pulling out and onto the Interstate back across the river.

Really appreciate them making our experience special and fun.

2. BUILD QUALITY: I was very nervous about this after reading some recent posts. What I encountered was extremely normal panel gaps and fit/finish on the exterior. Any minor appearances of a panel NOT aligning perfectly were up where the frunk front panel meets the front fenders and back by the tailgate where it meets the rear fenders. But, these gaps (I guess that's what you'd call them) were identical from one side to the other. So at least they were uniform and symmetrical, which makes them appear to be designed that way. Even if that's not how it's supposed to be, that's how MY truck is. And I will always be able to pick it out in a crowd (wabi-sabi) :)

No scratches, weird coloration on panels or the bed cover, or plastic pieces not attached well to the body.

The interior gaps and fitment look fantastic to me with the one possible exception being where the headliner panel just behind the windshield meets the glass roof. There's about a 1/8" gap between this piece and the ceiling. But, again, it is uniform across the entire width of the piece and I only noticed because I'm going over every inch of this thing with my iPhone flashlight after hearing some of the reports here on the forum.

The biggest relief for me? Not one rattle, clunk, or unusual annoying sound whatsoever. Phew! Honestly, I'd rather live with some fit and finish issues than take the thing back and have them jack with it. But rattles - I can't take it. So, great news there. (Note: Because of my distaste for strange noises in a car, I have my suspension set to Comfort and took the tires down from 50psi to 45. I do have ride hight set to low however, because hey...better to look good than to feel good :).

DRIVING IT: Took maybe 60 seconds to get used to the steer-by-wire. It is the most amazing update to the automobile since power brakes, IMO. Yet, intuitive within a half mile.

The AWD is fast - but not smokin' fast. I have a 2014 Model S P85 that is rated 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. The CT feels about as fast. Therefore, I will never, ever, ever take a ride in a Beast because I know I will want that extra acceleration regardless of how useless it may seem to most.

The best riding car I ever owned was probably my 1988 BMW 750iL. Maybe my 99 Lexus LS400. This CT drives ALMOST as smooth. I can tell that if it had normal street tires versus these massive all-terrain monsters, it might rival many luxury vehicles in ride comfort. The all-terrains send a very slight "buzz" up thought the steering wheel, IMO.

It's so quiet inside when you shut the doors that wind and tire noise may seem heavy. But you certainly can converse with your passenger at a whisper and still be heard. Very relaxing.

SOUND SYSTEM: I was really looking forward to being blown away by this based on the comments I've read. My Model S has the upgraded Ultra High Fidelity 12-speaker system with the subwoofer, so maybe I have been spoiled - because I think that one sounds pretty amazing. The CT sounds every bit as good - but not better, IMO. It certainly won't disappoint the average listener, but I'd bet audiophiles who spend thousands on their systems won't find anything to write home about.

OVERALL: It is taking a little time to get used to using the rearview camera and the turn signal buttons on the steering wheel - but nothing a few more miles won't make natural.

I seem to be running a very old software version (2024.8.100). I haven't received any notice in the vehicle or app to get updated, but hope it is soon because the one issue I am having is that my cameras - rear, sides, front - all have a very jumpy video signal and then just go black for a couple seconds before blinking back on for a few seconds, then black again. It sucks since I am trying to get used to using them more than the mirrors. Preston at the Service Center said he was going to check in with me Monday, so maybe I will bring it up.

But hey guys, I'm telling you: This is the biggest leap the automobile has taken in several DECADES. All the people making comparisons to other trucks or EVs? There are no comparisons! So much about this vehicle is just...different. Are ALL of those differences better? Maybe not. Certainly the 48 volt architecture, steer-by-wire, and driving dynamics are better, IMO.

And then there's the raw HFS body. I think those who are trying to make it function and look like a traditional automotive painted steel panel are missing the point. With a good cleaning and maybe some minor buffing here and there, the body of this thing is going to look EXACTLY the same 20 years from now as it does day one! Other trucks that advertise to be "tough"? A five-year-old on their training-wheel bike can crumple a door panel. Grandma and her shopping cart can make those "better-aligned body panels" dimple and wrinkle without even trying. Suddenly those big squared off truck noses with all their phony chrome-plated plastic bits just scream out, "Look ma, I'm a big poser!"

As the kids say: "Haters gonna hate". My father-in-law would have nothing to do with Honda and Toyota in the 80's ("Junk!!"). And in the early 90's the hot-rod carburetor crowd did their best to decry computer controlled ignitions and fuel delivery.

Hey, I own a dozen of the old analog, fossil-fuel-burning classics. I love them. But, the CT is the real deal. Anyone who doesn't know, or doesn't want to admit it, soon will have no choice but to bow to the future of the automobile. And, when they finally do, I'll be there to welcome them in.

Lovers gonna love.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Congrats! Beast or AWD?

Enjoy the celebrity attention for the next year or so.

Post some initial impressions and body panel fitment quality next week.

Last edited:

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD on order
Country flag
Congrats!!

OP
OP
Cyberer

Cyberer

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cars
Country flag
Congrats! Beast or AWD?

Enjoy the celebrity attention for the next year or so.

Post some initial impressions and body panel fitment quality next week.
AWD

Zorro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Global Security
Country flag
Congrats! 😃

Is crazy how I’m seeing RB1127 and RN1129 being delivered within the same week. Different states though.

OP
OP
Cyberer

Cyberer

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cars
Country flag
*****UPDATE:
Well, I've got two days of driving bliss under my belt, so here's a few takes for those still waiting (and hanging on every review like I was just 48 hours ago)...

1. DELIVERY: My wife and I took a Lyft from our home about 25 miles away at 9:20am to be sure we weren't late for our 10:00am delivery appointment. The Council Bluffs, IA Service Center did a really nice, yet subtle, job. I was checked in with my driver's license, and told to wait inside while they pulled my CT out from the service bay. I would have as much time as I wanted to inspect the vehicle before talking delivery, Preston informed me. Nothing flashy like some of those early ones we saw in Cali with smoke and lights and red carpets. But the crew at CB was really excited to see us (this was their first delivery) and genuinely happy to see us so happy.

Preston, Armondo, and the rest of them seemed to have really gone above and beyond to prep the CT - I mean, it was spotless. Beautifully detailed and, somehow, without a single fingerprint. We took pictures with all of them, and then they took pics of my wife and me. All-in-all, about an hour just looking it over and chit-chatting about Tesla and the CT with the employees before pulling out and onto the Interstate back across the river.

Really appreciate them making our experience special and fun.

2. BUILD QUALITY: I was very nervous about this after reading some recent posts. What I encountered was extremely normal panel gaps and fit/finish on the exterior. Any minor appearances of a panel NOT aligning perfectly were up where the frunk front panel meets the front fenders and back by the tailgate where it meets the rear fenders. But, these gaps (I guess that's what you'd call them) were identical from one side to the other. So at least they were uniform and symmetrical, which makes them appear to be designed that way. Even if that's not how it's supposed to be, that's how MY truck is. And I will always be able to pick it out in a crowd (wabi-sabi) :)

No scratches, weird coloration on panels or the bed cover, or plastic pieces not attached well to the body.

The interior gaps and fitment look fantastic to me with the one possible exception being where the headliner panel just behind the windshield meets the glass roof. There's about a 1/8" gap between this piece and the ceiling. But, again, it is uniform across the entire width of the piece and I only noticed because I'm going over every inch of this thing with my iPhone flashlight after hearing some of the reports here on the forum.

The biggest relief for me? Not one rattle, clunk, or unusual annoying sound whatsoever. Phew! Honestly, I'd rather live with some fit and finish issues than take the thing back and have them jack with it. But rattles - I can't take it. So, great news there. (Note: Because of my distaste for strange noises in a car, I have my suspension set to Comfort and took the tires down from 50psi to 45. I do have ride hight set to low however, because hey...better to look good than to feel good :).

DRIVING IT: Took maybe 60 seconds to get used to the steer-by-wire. It is the most amazing update to the automobile since power brakes, IMO. Yet, intuitive within a half mile.

The AWD is fast - but not smokin' fast. I have a 2014 Model S P85 that is rated 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. The CT feels about as fast. Therefore, I will never, ever, ever take a ride in a Beast because I know I will want that extra acceleration regardless of how useless it may seem to most.

The best riding car I ever owned was probably my 1988 BMW 750iL. Maybe my 99 Lexus LS400. This CT drives ALMOST as smooth. I can tell that if it had normal street tires versus these massive all-terrain monsters, it might rival many luxury vehicles in ride comfort. The all-terrains send a very slight "buzz" up thought the steering wheel, IMO.

It's so quiet inside when you shut the doors that wind and tire noise may seem heavy. But you certainly can converse with your passenger at a whisper and still be heard. Very relaxing.

SOUND SYSTEM: I was really looking forward to being blown away by this based on the comments I've read. My Model S has the upgraded Ultra High Fidelity 12-speaker system with the subwoofer, so maybe I have been spoiled - because I think that one sounds pretty amazing. The CT sounds every bit as good - but not better, IMO. It certainly won't disappoint the average listener, but I'd bet audiophiles who spend thousands on their systems won't find anything to write home about.

OVERALL: It is taking a little time to get used to using the rearview camera and the turn signal buttons on the steering wheel - but nothing a few more miles won't make natural.

I seem to be running a very old software version (2024.8.100). I haven't received any notice in the vehicle or app to get updated, but hope it is soon because the one issue I am having is that my cameras - rear, sides, front - all have a very jumpy video signal and then just go black for a couple seconds before blinking back on for a few seconds, then black again. It sucks since I am trying to get used to using them more than the mirrors. Preston at the Service Center said he was going to check in with me Monday, so maybe I will bring it up.

But hey guys, I'm telling you: This is the biggest leap the automobile has taken in several DECADES. All the people making comparisons to other trucks or EVs? There are no comparisons! So much about this vehicle is just...different. Are ALL of those differences better? Maybe not. Certainly the 48 volt architecture, steer-by-wire, and driving dynamics are better, IMO.

And then there's the raw HFS body. I think those who are trying to make it function and look like a traditional automotive painted steel panel are missing the point. With a good cleaning and maybe some minor buffing here and there, the body of this thing is going to look EXACTLY the same 20 years from now as it does day one! Other trucks that advertise to be "tough"? A five-year-old on their training-wheel bike can crumple a door panel. Grandma and her shopping cart can make those "better-aligned body panels" dimple and wrinkle without even trying. Suddenly those big squared off truck noses with all their phony chrome-plated plastic bits just scream out, "Look ma, I'm a big poser!"

As the kids say: "Haters gonna hate". My father-in-law would have nothing to do with Honda and Toyota in the 80's ("Junk!!"). And in the early 90's the hot-rod carburetor crowd did their best to decry computer controlled ignitions and fuel delivery.

Hey, I own a dozen of the old analog, fossil-fuel-burning classics. I love them. But, the CT is the real deal. Anyone who doesn't know, or doesn't want to admit it, soon will have no choice but to bow to the future of the automobile. And, when they finally do, I'll be there to welcome them in.

Lovers gonna love.
Sponsored

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
Very good review and I agree on all your points. Fit and finish is actually really good and I’m also glad I do not have any rattle. The sound system is excellent but it’s a bit bass heavy and I will postulate that my Mini’s Harman Kardon sounds better. I can’t relate on the acceleration since I got a Beast and it’s just insanely fast. Again I think the CT is a great value for all it brings.

Also can relate on the classic gas guzzling cars which I also own and enjoy but this is a very special car.

TeX19

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nice write up. I can only hope my delivery goes as well.

Freeseframe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model X; 2017 F150 SuperCrew
Country flag
Congratulations! My AWD is supposed to be transported from KC to Des Moines later this week for hopefully a pick-up a few days after that. I'm hoping for as smooth of a process as you experienced.
Sponsored