Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Tesla is watching... believe it!
Hope they are, if this sale goes through, especially for a high amount the temptation for people to sell will go way up and the number of people taking reservations just to flip will skyrocket.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
What's interesting is, the wholesaler didn't buy it directly, right? So someone already transferred their truck to this auction house. And tesla was not able to stop the transfer. Well, the wholesaler can't be held liable for anything. They aren't a party to the no resale clause in the order agreement. So really the only recourse that tesla has is to go after the original buyer. The wholesaler didn't receive stolen property. If tesla takes any action against them, or the eventual owner after the auction, they will open themselves up to legal action.

I'm not a lawyer, and wish all of the possible consequences on every single flipper, but I just don't see how at this point anything can be done other than go after the original seller to set an example.

Nurkbonis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
What's interesting is, the wholesaler didn't buy it directly, right? So someone already transferred their truck to this auction house. And tesla was not able to stop the transfer. Well, the wholesaler can't be held liable for anything. They aren't a party to the no resale clause in the order agreement. So really the only recourse that tesla has is to go after the original buyer. The wholesaler didn't receive stolen property. If tesla takes any action against them, or the eventual owner after the auction, they will open themselves up to legal action.

I'm not a lawyer, and wish all of the possible consequences on every single flipper, but I just don't see how at this point anything can be done other than go after the original seller to set an example.
allegedly this guy. He had another comment saying what day the auction was. This was from over the weekend and he’s listed as an automotive wholesaler on Facebook.

Tesla Cybertruck First Cybertruck at Manhiem wholesale auction IMG_5851

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Yep, that vin is gonna get em.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
if tesla finds out they are entitled to all profits, so either they are a big winner and tesla never finds out or they are a big loser tesla sues them takes all their profits and blacklists them forever. kinda hoping for the latter, the VIN is right there, so clearly easy to trace it back. Tesla may get an anonymous email alerting them at this fact too, never know :p
I am guessing any consumer that Tesla sues, will probably blacklist themselves. I do not disagree with Tesla wanting to limit resellers, since it makes waiting customers so mad, and Tesla is in a lose lose situation here. But many people really hate this policy, and if they get taken to the cleaners over it, its really unlikely they would ever buy from Tesla again. For that reason, I don't think black listing is a big threat.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I am guessing any consumer that Tesla sues, will probably blacklist themselves. I do not disagree with Tesla wanting to limit resellers, since it makes waiting customers so mad, and Tesla is in a lose lose situation here. But many people really hate this policy, and if they get taken to the cleaners over it, its really unlikely they would ever buy from Tesla again. For that reason, I don't think black listing is a big threat.
The funny thing about that is, they don't seem to care what makes waiting customers mad. Special treatment to celebrities, VIPs, employees, 20k upsell to "get your truck now" only to be followed up with a 30,000 referral point line jump beyond the upsell whether your state is getting deliveries or not... Even if you exclude all of the ways for line jumps to occur, the "line" doesn't move in any logical order whether you do or don't factor in "activated states".

I really and truly hate scalpers, with a passion. But I just cannot imagine tesla putting in that resale clause because they care what their customers think/feel about flipping.

OP
OP
XQUIZIT

XQUIZIT

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Tesla Model X, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Great news that this is allowed
Definitely not allowed, unless Tesla allows it by requesting it from them. Probably under extreme circumstances and surely not for profit

Saygmo

First Name
Sas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 awd
Country flag
So if Tesla DOES allow this, they are setting precedent in not going after a reseller. If they attempt to go after others after openly allowing an auction from a sold car, doesn’t seem it would hold up in court for them to attack subsequent resellers.

OP
OP
XQUIZIT

XQUIZIT

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Manheim is definitely not going to offer this if they will face a penalty
Someone sold their truck to a wholesaler who now is reselling it at Manheim. So the wholesaler or Manheim have nothing to loose. They didn’t agree to the order agreement, so only the original buyer is the one Tesla will go after.

OP
OP
XQUIZIT

XQUIZIT

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
It’s very interesting how this is going to play out. Is Tesla going to make an example of this person. Who knows

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
Could the buyer sell it to their business for exactly what they paid and then the business re-sells it to the auction house? In that case, the maximum damages is 50k. They could just put a reserve on it for 50k + auction fees over their cost and they are guaranteed not to lose out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.