Cyberwat

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Since you cant transfer or sell your reservation,anyone planning on selling the right to purchase their truck after taking delivery?
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
eBay and vehicle auction sites will be full of Cybertruckā€™s once they go into production. The ā€œmust have nowā€ crowd will pay dearly to own one.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What is your RN? If Tesla ramps production quickly, the arbitrage opportunity is going to be fairly small, particularly if you are in a sales tax state. Low RNs might have a window.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Seriously, Tesla have lots of EVā€˜s to build. Its a Tesla owner! One more down a million more to go. Does it really want to whack-a-mole every new car resale or RN flip? Its a happy customer.
Thatā€™s Teslaā€™s car it just built but it sold the right to puchase three years ago. Tesla really does not want to go there. Otherwise, its arguing to be a dealership. Dealerships take excess profit, markup and commissions on new cars.
Tesla needs MASSIVE as fast as it can ramp MASSIVE. At scale, the small things that used to be controlled, managed and whacked fall through the cracks that MASSIVE scale created. Teslaā€˜s minute to execute is NOW. It canā€™t afford to stop to whack moles.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Flippers negate happy customers, and create more vin transfers to process.

-Crissa
Once the MSO is titled, Tesla are out of it. The State takes tax and license domain authorization. The sky isnā€™t falling!

Flippers donā€™t whack would-be happy Tesla buyers.. Thatā€™s like saying house flippers whack happy homeownership. Welcome to capitalism. Its how the world works. My daughter had to pay $60k over appraisal and cash offer to get a house in DEN. It was her 9th offer. Sheā€™d lost out on the nine previous attempts. Sheā€™s thrilled to have a home, good neighborhood and she got what she wanted.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Once the MSO is titled, Tesla are out of it. The State takes tax and license domain authorization. The sky isnā€™t falling!
No.

A Tesla is a computer on wheels. It dials home with every new buyer. New account, new registration. Flippers cause load.

Even my Zero does that.

-Crissa

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Based on the possible formula of [GT can't produce them in the quantity Tesla is hoping for] X [mild recession], I can see the CT being flipped like pancakes.

Either way, the CT is so close I can smell it (no seriously, I just picked up my MYP today - imagining that smell in a CT is all I can think about at the moment)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla has pursued people who flip cars before. Itā€™s not likely they will chase someone flipping a single Cybertruck though.

But if you donā€™t want the Cybertruckā€¦ why are you even here? Shouldnā€™t you be on Cybertruck Flippers Club?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Of course, those flipping may be banned from purchasing additional Teslas. It's happened before.

-Crissa
I sure hope so. People who ā€˜flipā€™ things, in my mind, are like the people who cut in line.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Flippers donā€™t whack would-be happy Tesla buyers.. Thatā€™s like saying house flippers whack happy homeownership. Welcome to capitalism. Its how the world works. My daughter had to pay $60k over appraisal and cash offer to get a house in DEN. It was her 9th offer. Sheā€™d lost out on the nine previous attempts. Sheā€™s thrilled to have a home, good neighborhood and she got what she wanted.
To be honest, I am a selfish person (and I believe that everyone is). When I do something that is considered by others as altruistic or magnanimous I do it first and foremost for myself. It just happens to benefit others. Sometimes I intend to benefit myself and others but benefitting myself is always part of the equation. I see there being a difference between selfishness and greed. People can buy cars or houses, fix them up, and then sell them. That is a form of flipping - and it has value. There is another kind of flipping, like buying something and then selling it at a higher price, that I think of as greedy and gouging. Adam Smith believed that our self interests often, as I mentioned, benefit society, and that someone who gouges will eventually run out of business. It is a form of greed control. There is nothing illegal about greed but it is distasteful.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
To be honest, I am a selfish person (and I believe that everyone is). When I do something that is considered by others as altruistic or magnanimous I do it first and foremost for myself. It just happens to benefit others. Sometimes I intend to benefit myself and others but benefitting myself is always part of the equation. I see there being a difference between selfishness and greed. People can buy cars or houses, fix them up, and then sell them. That is a form of flipping - and it has value. There is another kind of flipping, like buying something and then selling it at a higher price, that I think of as greedy and gouging. Adam Smith believed that our self interests often, as I mentioned, benefit society, and that someone who gouges will eventually run out of business. It is a form of greed control. There is nothing illegal about greed but it is distasteful.

Buying and fixing up for resale is completely different than scalping brand new products.

Even if you think your transaction was completely altruistic or magnanimous with no gain for you in the long-term you do gain something, that is benefit & ability to live in a more successful and hopefully more happy society. Today, areas of world that are poor with broken societies or imagined future Mad Max type worlds do not look inviting.
Sponsored