Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think you/we need to remember that piloting a manufacturing line is about a process: sequencing, timing, positioning, the bill of processes and materials. You are talking about a single part.
Yes, because in parallel with the machine that makes the machine, they have to make the machine to test and tweak for the machine to make.

-Crissa

NWMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-350
Occupation
Correctional officer
Country flag
They are not actually building vehicles at Femont and if so only in extremely limited quantities. and not ones that will end up in customers hands. What is happening in Fremont is Tesla getting their manufacturing line set up, doing some tests and programming any software necessary to run the line as well. They are also likely aligning things in certain ways and ensuring they can meet the precision tolerances necessary. This allows them to program all the robots and machinery necessary for the most part prior to being installed on the actual line in Texas. Then once the 8000ton press is ready, it will all be packed up and shipped over to Texas to be reassembled and then only fine tuning will be needed.
Looks like the 8000ton press is being assembled in Texas as we type. Drone footage Seen the press being delivered.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Looks like the 8000ton press is being assembled in Texas as we type. Drone footage Seen the press being delivered.
what youtube channel did you see that? They have been assembling the Model Y press for some time already...and they just recently ordered the 8000ton press...I would be absolutely stunned if they had it in their possession already....

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...and they just recently ordered the 8000ton press...I would be absolutely stunned if they had it in their possession already....
We don't know when they ordered it. We know when Musk revealed the requirement and when IDRA was able to mention they'd sold one. We don't know when it was/will be built, or where it would be at... Or how many Tesla ordered.

For all we know, they ordered it two years ago on spec and didn't confirm using it until the engineering was finalized.

-Crissa

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
We don't know when they ordered it. We know when Musk revealed the requirement and when IDRA was able to mention they'd sold one. We don't know when it was/will be built, or where it would be at... Or how many Tesla ordered.

For all we know, they ordered it two years ago on spec and didn't confirm using it until the engineering was finalized.

-Crissa
my point was, there havent been indications that they are prepping for the CT at Texas yet. i would be shocked that the one, super unique, custom and specific to the CT piece of equipment was already on site. My thought was that the existing press being installed was being confused for the 8000T CT press.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my point was, there havent been indications that they are prepping for the CT at Texas yet. i would be shocked that the one, super unique, custom and specific to the CT piece of equipment was already on site. My thought was that the existing press being installed was being confused for the 8000T CT press.
Well, we have photos of the storage yard every few days. We know this equipment is new.

We have seen them add deeper foundations into the new structures.

It's clearly just waiting for the verticals to be installed where it goes, whereever that is. ^-^

-Crissa

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Well, we have photos of the storage yard every few days. We know this equipment is new.

We have seen them add deeper foundations into the new structures.

It's clearly just waiting for the verticals to be installed where it goes, whereever that is. ^-^

-Crissa
If that's what it is...personally, I think it's a stretch at this point but, I sure hope I'm wrong!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
what youtube channel did you see that? They have been assembling the Model Y press for some time already...and they just recently ordered the 8000ton press...I would be absolutely stunned if they had it in their possession already....
Here's a framegrab from Jeff Roberts video today. There's definitely some speculation that this is the 8000ton Giga press. But it is interesting, whatever that is they sat it on Steel plates.
Tesla Cybertruck Fremont production of Cybertruck 8000_tonpress

Around 9:45 in this video you see this equipment.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Steel plates mean 'damn, this is heavy!'

-Crissa
Yeah, if that’s Adobe clay like we have here, one good rain and you’ll be digging it out of ground.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, if that’s Adobe clay like we have here, one good rain and you’ll be digging it out of ground.
Yeah, I think that's why they didn't put the hardening mix on the center road originally, thinking they could get away with doing it later, but then that big rain came through and just melted.

All the cargo is on the hardened surface, so it'll be fine with the spread weight.

-Crissa

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If Fremont is to do the pilot production of Cybertruck, will it be a finite production run or ongoing? If finite, how many are estimated to be produced prior to shifting over to Austin? If infinite, what annual production could be reasonably expected in tandem with Austin? Would it be a specific line like the tri-motor? Any thoughts?
why would they do CT in Fremont. Tesla build Giga TX specifically to build CT, giga press is in GTF, batteries made somewhere close.. why would anyone in the sane state of mind bring all the CT parts to Fremont for final assembly?!

CyberRoo!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid
Country flag
why would they do CT in Fremont. Tesla build Giga TX specifically to build CT, giga press is in GTF, batteries made somewhere close.. why would anyone in the sane state of mind bring all the CT parts to Fremont for final assembly?!
It's not going to be produced in Fremont.
Sponsored