Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
See? No understandable plan. My reservation is 112841... And I got my e-mail to order and did so on 1/18. 5 weeks ago.
I hate this mushroom mentality toward customers!
again you and him are different states, totally different timelines different queues different lists

you can't really compare what someone in 1 state gets or when they get it to you in a second state

i agree it would be nice to know the schedule or why things are happening the way they are. but i have till the end of next month till i start getting angry because thats what it said when i ordered so theres still some time

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Just sitting here waiting for the fly-over to know how many trucks they made today!!!!!!!!!!!!

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I agree, 80k - 100k truck/car purchase for most Americans is a lot of money. Based on the sales of the S and X I don't see them selling more than a 100k-120k year one and dropping to around 70k going forward. I think for the folks that are really serious to buying one this year will have the opportunity. The website still says late 2024, for orders. I think many of the orders will be canceled when the payment page pops up and folks have to commit to a 1.2k monthly payment plus insurance.

1708892147246.png

Isn't that Model S/X number worldwide sales?

Cybertruck might only ship primarily to US/Canada/Mexico for first couple years so maybe should only compare to sales of Model S/X for US/Canada/Mexico.

Cybertruck production should be ramped by the time other countries start getting Cybertrucks and price should be much lower than $100K by then.

-----------------------------------------

Tesla made up more than half of U.S. EV sales with only two models
Posted on January 16, 2024
By Joey Klender
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-model-y-half-u-s-ev-sales-2023/

Tesla Model X – 23,015

Tesla Model S – is less than Model X or BMW i4

-----
The full top 10 is as follows:
Tesla Model Y – 394,497
Tesla Model 3 – 220,910
Chevrolet Bolt EV/EUV – 62,045
Ford Mustang Mach-E – 40,771
Volkswagen ID.4 – 37,789
Hyundai IONIQ 5 – 33,918
Rivian R1S – 24,783
Ford F-150 Lightning – 24,165
Tesla Model X – 23,015
BMW i4 – 22,583

-----------------------------------------

Last edited:

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
again you and him are different states, totally different timelines different queues different lists

you can't really compare what someone in 1 state gets or when they get it to you in a second state

i agree it would be nice to know the schedule or why things are happening the way they are. but i have till the end of next month till i start getting angry because thats what it said when i ordered so theres still some time
Tbh, i won't be even a slight angry,maybe a little disappointment, even they missed the estimated window. Estimation means to be, well, estimation. Tesla won't be intentional or any benefit to miss the estimated window. We are witnessing the history, therefore, enjoy the ride.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
See? No understandable plan. My reservation is 112841... And I got my e-mail to order and did so on 1/18. 5 weeks ago.
I hate this mushroom mentality toward customers!
But you got an invite, so what's the problem? If I don't get an invite until a few weeks after other low 113s, but I still get an invite, I have no complaint. It is only if I don't get an invite that I would be unhappy.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Maybe the lot will be empty on Monday as trucks continue to go out over the weekend and starting Monday AM we get a "fresh count" on what they are doing each day.
That just happened. Lot nearly or greater than half CT’s left. Great news

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
That just happened. Lot nearly or greater than half CT’s left. Great news
Yea, but the question is are all of those from last week still, or are these newly produced?

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
120,000 reservations to go till my number!! Will use that time to revamp my home electrical and charger station... Getting an electrician is almost as hard, haha.

A_Raaaay

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Self-Employed (Restaurateur)
Country flag
Fantastic, at this rate, I'm going to get mine in 2030 .... And I'm 275k in the queue. Accounting for attrition obviously.
I’m ~150k in line and I was just invited to place my order. I’m shocked and I ordered immediately. I think they are doing it by state as opposed to res number (I’m in TN). I’ll take it!

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
I’m ~150k in line and I was just invited to place my order. I’m shocked and I ordered immediately. I think they are doing it by state as opposed to res number (I’m in TN). I’ll take it!
So I was about 100k in line and I ordered on January 18th from Virginia. No VIN yet and I expect it will be at least another month... Hoping I will have it before May at worst.

Not too worried as this was one line that being in front is a little off the best case because the way Tesla makes changes on the fly, some things will be better later than now.
Sponsored