Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
What kind of jack do you think will come with the CT. I don’t think we will be using a jack all on the CT as the sides slope so much.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If it is like the current Tesla models it won't come with a spare and it won't consequently, come with a jack. EV's are not like ICE cars with respect to jacking. The battery is under the car and one must be careful about jacking it and also keep in mind that this will be heavy. Perhaps Tesla will include a spare and jack as it is a truck and as the competition (Rivian) does. If they don't, however, there will soon be aftermarket products available such as those (jack pint adapters) available for the 3, S and X.

OP
OP
hridge2020

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
If it is like the current Tesla models it won't come with a spare and it won't consequently, come with a jack. EV's are not like ICE cars with respect to jacking. The battery is under the car and one must be careful about jacking it and also keep in mind that this will be heavy. Perhaps Tesla will include a spare and jack as it is a truck and as the competition (Rivian) does. If they don't, however, there will soon be aftermarket products available such as those (jack pint adapters) available for the 3, S and X.
Rivian R1T Spare Tire Location.

Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire Rivian R1T spare tire location

Tesla Cybertruck Full size spare tire Spare Tire in Rivia

Last edited:

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Rivian R1T Spare Tire Location.

Rivian R1T spare tire location.jpg
I hope they just put the spare tire under the bed, accessed from the bottom like conventional pickups do. Murphy says that the day you need the spare is going to be the day you are hauling 3000 lbs of cargo in your truck that will need to be unloaded by hand to access the spare.

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
I hope they just put the spare tire under the bed, accessed from the bottom like conventional pickups do. Murphy says that the day you need the spare is going to be the day you are hauling 3000 lbs of cargo in your truck that will need to be unloaded by hand to access the spare.
Unfortunately the skateboard chassis likely precludes mounting the spare under the bed. It would hang too low.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Unfortunately the skateboard chassis likely precludes mounting the spare under the bed. It would hang too low.
Does the chassis extend beyond the rear axle? That's where they normally tuck it - between the rear axle and the hitch reciever.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I see little value in a spare since tires are so good nowadays. I drive a lot .. 2X the national average ... and I’ve had just 2 tire issues in the past 30 years. I’m fine without.
Also CT has a built in compressor so a slow leak can just be reinflated. I've had a tacoma 4x4 since 04 and I've carried a spare for 300,000 miles and have never used it.

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Maybe they can add it into the frunk.
Not a great place for a spare tire IMO. A spare in the frunk would sit fairly high in the truck so that moves up the center of gravity. Also going to increase dive and make handling worse by putting that weight in front of the front axle.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Not a great place for a spare tire IMO. A spare in the frunk would sit fairly high in the truck so that moves up the center of gravity. Also going to increase dive and make handling worse by putting that weight in front of the front axle.
Wellll, that’s probably because you don’t live in the rust belt. Under the car is horrible in anything but nice conditions, under the bed floor sucks if you have anything in the back when you get a flat, and being a pickup, that will almost always be true. Above the floor sucks as it messes with the nicely shaped bed.

I’m sorry, but if the only downside is center of gravity/dive/handling if the spare is in the front, then it should be in the front. First, this isn’t a sports car here, and second do you really think that 75lb tire will even be noticeable in a three ton truck? Especially if it’s DESIGNED to be there? I can’t imagine handling will be affected in any noticeable way by putting the spare tire in the frunk if it’s by design. Having a passenger in the car would affect it more.

Seems like the best place to me. I expect there will be no spare though. If Tesla stays consistent we’ll get run flats and no spare. It is a truck though, so hard to say for sure.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
The off-road crowd wouldn't even consider not having a spare tire. Our dedicated 4Runner off-road folks travel with two spares. One is clearly not enough. The spare tire under the bed is not easily accessible, try it some time. This is especially true when you have a flat offroad and the clearance is limited, between the flat and the terrain may be just inches. Serious off-roaders always have an easily accessible spare tire, most commonly on a rear bumper swing gate. If Tesla gives no good option then the off-road crown will, in short order, come up with a spare mount.
Sponsored