Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
How bout if you offroad and want/need a spare tire. Weld a bracket onto that 1/8 stainless tailgate. Presto you got a spare tire mounted on the back.
Sponsored

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
I have a 2015 GTR it came with run flats and no spare. I ditched the run flats as they were too heavy. I did a 7500KM road trip frome edmonton douwn through central/westren stats and back. All I did was take a plug kit with me and a jack. Turned out fine. You people worry too much.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I have a 2015 GTR it came with run flats and no spare. I ditched the run flats as they were too heavy. I did a 7500KM road trip frome edmonton douwn through central/westren stats and back. All I did was take a plug kit with me and a jack. Turned out fine. You people worry too much.
Different people tolerate risks differently. Plus a 7500KM road trip is much different than a 10 mile from civilization off-road trip. I’d like a spare, thank you. I’ve had three flat tires THIS YEAR ALONE, each one in a different vehicle. One didn’t have a spare, it was a PITA to deal with.

A plug kit would have worked in 2 of those 3 situations, but the third the seal was completely broken...wouldn’t have worked. And that was the car w/o the spare. :(

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
How bout if you offroad and want/need a spare tire. Weld a bracket onto that 1/8 stainless tailgate. Presto you got a spare tire mounted on the back.
Welll...remember that the tailgate works as a ramp? Your idea is a good one, but would be a bit of a pain if that ramp is used regularly. I still like the frunk. :) But I get that a lot of that has to do with where I live and how I expect to use it.

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
Different people tolerate risks differently. Plus a 7500KM road trip is much different than a 10 mile from civilization off-road trip. I’d like a spare, thank you. I’ve had three flat tires THIS YEAR ALONE, each one in a different vehicle. One didn’t have a spare, it was a PITA to deal with.

A plug kit would have worked in 2 of those 3 situations, but the third the seal was completely broken...wouldn’t have worked. And that was the car w/o the spare. :(

. so but a spare and put it in the frunk. issues solved

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag

So for offroading yes you just said a spar or to do you really expect tesla to supply 2 full size spares?. get a grip.

And city slicker my ass. worked the oil patch 6 years in northeren canada. put more offroad miles on my truck then you ever will.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Ok, we're gonna need verification of how many off-road miles each of you guys have driven in a truck............or should I say each of you city slickers? This is confusing. Can you be an off-road city slicker? Asking for a friend...........

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
Ok, we're gonna need verification of how many off-road miles each of you guys have driven in a truck............or should I say each of you city slickers? This is confusing. Can you be an off-road city slicker? Asking for a friend...........

In this day and age can we just not identify as an offroader?

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag