Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This is one more reason we need a mid-gate; to be able to get out of CT after parking it in a garage like this.

The folded passenger mirror tells me, this is just for the record, and not a comfortable daily activity. Which brings me to the question; can you fold one mirror electronically independent of the other?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
This is one more reason we need a mid-gate; to be able to get out of CT after parking it in a garage like this.

The folded passenger mirror tells me, this is just for the record, and not a comfortable daily activity. Which brings me to the question; can you fold one mirror electronically independent of the other?
Turns out that the removable mirrors are more so the vehicle can fit in garages instead of using cameras.

Now people can start worrying about stolen mirrors.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Turns out that the removable mirrors are more so the vehicle can fit in garages instead of using cameras.

Now people can start worrying about stolen mirrors.
Not sure what legal requirements for the mirror is but if they are required to drive the truck but there is no size limitations, I can see aftermarket baby mirrors that do not add to the width taking off as replacement for factory mirrors.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Not sure what legal requirements for the mirror is but if they are required to drive the truck but there is no size limitations, I can see aftermarket baby mirrors that do not add to the width taking off as replacement for factory mirrors.
So like 2 little skin tags hanging off the sides.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
When I get a peak into garages in my neighborhood, it's a wonder that any car will fit.
main-qimg-135ca2e7c356567ebef34f020bb1be59-lq.jpg
We got one here in town where all that just continues out halfway onto the driveway... can't even close the door.....:eek:

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My house wasn’t made for me to have to walk in the cold or rain to get in my car. Please end this silly argument.
If it's that important to you, make sure you have one big enough, and futureproof. 😁

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
When I get a peak into garages in my neighborhood, it's a wonder that any car will fit.
main-qimg-135ca2e7c356567ebef34f020bb1be59-lq.jpg
guilty as charged

for us it's a consequence, i say, of having an unaltered 1960s house (small closets and no aux storage) with no attic or basement ... and (this is key) three young children

i could still fit a 2dr jeep wrangler (if I still had one), but at this rate not for long!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Can you "unpark it", that is have it autonomously return to its previous position with the FOB or an app?
Yes and no. It doesn't go to a specific spot but the fob can summon the vehicle out. So can the app

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
The right side view mirror is folded, but the driver's side is still out!!! 😳

It'll be a great feature if they're independently foldable and geotagged so that they automatically repeat that when you return to that location. 🤞

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
guilty as charged

for us it's a consequence, i say, of having an unaltered 1960s house (small closets and no aux storage) with no attic or basement ... and (this is key) three young children

i could still fit a 2dr jeep wrangler (if I still had one), but at this rate not for long!
Nothing that a bit of speed can't compensate for when coming home at night. Just aim and fire! All looks pretty squishy to me.

At least then you won't have to look for the Cybertruck keys in the morning anymore, seeing you parked it in your kitchen the night before.... 😄

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
A quick glance* at https://law.justia.com/ seems to indicate that there are no specific size requirements for mirrors. If there is any specifics at all "driver able to view an area 200' behind the vehicle" seems standard. You can put baby mirrors on your vehicle, but would be at the mercy of a police officer and/or a judge (possibly when they're having a bad day) to decide if your mirrors fit the bill. 🤷🏽

*I didn't look at all 50 states
Sponsored