Got my PowerShare install estimate by Smart Charge America - Oregon

Nurkbonis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
I’m about 99% certain I will do it. I was afraid the estimate was going to be twice this. I lost power this Winter for 4.5 days and it was 37* inside my house. Year before, lost power for 2 days, so PowerShare is something I’m pretty excited about.

Gonna hop on the phone with them next week to discuss everything. Price seems fair based on what I’ve seen reported by others.

Tesla Cybertruck Got my PowerShare install estimate by Smart Charge America - Oregon IMG_6672
Sponsored

Eliot Minaise

First Name
Eliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow, that monthly payment option is looking great too!
I don't know how to use this site but we Oregonians just got a load of cybertruck delivered to the dealerships. If you want to put a thread together about it.

OP
OP

Nurkbonis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
Wow, that monthly payment option is looking great too!
I don't know how to use this site but we Oregonians just got a load of cybertruck delivered to the dealerships. If you want to put a thread together about it.
ya, I might opt for the monthly payment option. Will see what the terms are, if there are any pre payment penalties, etc.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Looks like you don't
Tesla Cybertruck Got my PowerShare install estimate by Smart Charge America - Oregon Screenshot 2024-03-24 062418
' have Power Walls? Im guessing because my quote from same company was half and I don't get the V3 Gateway because I have a gateway for powerwalls and solar already.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Quotes looks reasonable. I had similar quote in florida.
have you heard anything from them since? nothing on my end from any of them. Busy AF i guess. I can't sign anything as they quoted me with two different chargers and I already have the universal charger ordered with my 700 voucher. So I aske them to adjust and nothing in return.

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I’m about 99% certain I will do it. I was afraid the estimate was going to be twice this. I lost power this Winter for 4.5 days and it was 37* inside my house. Year before, lost power for 2 days, so PowerShare is something I’m pretty excited about.

Gonna hop on the phone with them next week to discuss everything. Price seems fair based on what I’ve seen reported by others.

IMG_6672.jpeg
That's almost exactly what i paid with Smart Charge America here in Austin. Here is a little pro tip. When I saw they were offering 0% interest for 18 months, I asked if I could get a discount paying in full. They took 5% off my quote so I just paid in full.

OP
OP

Nurkbonis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
That's almost exactly what i paid with Smart Charge America here in Austin. Here is a little pro tip. When I saw they were offering 0% interest for 18 months, I asked if I could get a discount paying in full. They took 5% off my quote so I just paid in full.
nice tip, I may do that.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
zero response from them after they sent a quote. Good luck. I have 3 contractors coming tomorrow to actually look at my place.

OP
OP

Nurkbonis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
zero response from them after they sent a quote. Good luck. I have 3 contractors coming tomorrow to actually look at my place.
Ya, communication has not been good so far. It took them weeks to get me an estimate after the reached out and then never replied when I sent a follow up email.

RollingRefrigerator

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation AWD CT, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Looks like you don't
Screenshot 2024-03-24 062418.png
' have Power Walls? Im guessing because my quote from same company was half and I don't get the V3 Gateway because I have a gateway for powerwalls and solar already.
Wait, they are quoting you for powershare install but you already have powerwalls??? Stop! You need nothing but a wall charger. In fact, they say any 240v charge will work, meaning the mobile Connector that comes with the truck should do the job.

Didn't they send you the email with the $700 voucher and tell you this?

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Wait, they are quoting you for powershare install but you already have powerwalls??? Stop! You need nothing but a wall charger. In fact, they say any 240v charge will work, meaning the mobile Connector that comes with the truck should do the job.

Didn't they send you the email with the $700 voucher and tell you this?
Right. All I need is it to be connected to my system. I pointed this out to them in two emails but never got a response and still have not. The mobile connector that comes with the truck only handles up to 32amp. I purchased the universal charger and is on its way and also pointed that out to them to update quote. NO response. I reached out to 3 other contractors for my area and are coming today to actually look at my set up and give a quote. One contractor said $500 to install wall charger if owner supplied. I think they don't understand that It needs to be connected to system for bidirectional charging. Will see and update.
Sponsored