Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Marketed as a tough futuristic grunge truck, waiting to see 'softer' graphics, such as a SpongeBob theme skin for example.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
We have two Starlink dishes, and my experience is that the signal is attenuated by glass, so I doubt a factory solution would be under a glass window. Would need to be some sort of plastic/Acrylic cover. Maybe behind the rear glass area near the bed, or spread out over either side of the roof apex? Good thing with phased array is you can have different shaped arrays that operate as one with some tuning.

There is a mini dish due to come out similar to the proposed Amazon one which is about this size, so maybe that will be easier to fit somewhere:

Tesla Cybertruck Graffiti Cybertruck spotted with Starlink Antenna Receiver Mounted on Roof 64120c135f4f54001919c50f?width=990&format=jpe

Should be around 11.4" x 9.8" (28.5cm x 25cm) according to the patent, and you can slip it next to a 14" Macbook.

Tesla Cybertruck Graffiti Cybertruck spotted with Starlink Antenna Receiver Mounted on Roof ishy-sizes-original-standard-high-performance-mini

Last edited:

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
The current starlink antenna is a phased array antenna. Designing a phased arra iny antenna into the roof glass might be a step too far in the CT plans.

But there is always duck tape!
1696362759811.png
Sufferin succotash! Though you're right, doing so would be QUACKERS!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, I'm rapt with the CT Starlink option.

Power to the roof and accessory brackets for easy mounting, Perfecto.

If I fix it on top of the RV, there will be times when trees might block the sky, so then forced to have it on the ground with a long lead. Whereas on the car, just move the car. Perfecto.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
A guy on Twitter jerry rigged a Starlink antenna to the inside of his Rivian's glass roof with velcro and it worked fine 🤷‍♂️
If it works under glass, just install it on the HUGE dash area. Plenty of real estate up there.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well, I'm rapt with the CT Starlink option.

Power to the roof and accessory brackets for easy mounting, Perfecto.

If I fix it on top of the RV, there will be times when trees might block the sky, so then forced to have it on the ground with a long lead. Whereas on the car, just move the car. Perfecto.
Same problem if you park your camper under a tree for the solar system.
Solar panels really need to either be a fold out system you put out in the sun out of the shade,
or rhe only other option is to mount the solar above the RV as a second roof, so it can provide shade to the RV and ventilate inbetween the solar and the roof. Getting the right solar orientation is another problem.

With the Starlink on the vehicle, I think having it on the car is the best place anyway, because then you can take it and have it with you all the time, like for day trips etc, without having to drag the RV with. You can just link up with wifi to the RV. Easy peasy.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Same problem if you park your camper under a tree for the solar system.
Solar panels really need to either be a fold out system you put out in the sun out of the shade,
or rhe only other option is to mount the solar above the RV as a second roof, so it can provide shade to the RV and ventilate inbetween the solar and the roof. Getting the right solar orientation is another problem.

With the Starlink on the vehicle, I think having it on the car is the best place anyway, because then you can take it and have it with you all the time, like for day trips etc, without having to drag the RV with. You can just link up with wifi to the RV. Easy peasy.
Exactly.

I have an electric truck to charge my Caravan batteries if required. (y)

Not sure if the CT will have a 15A to plug straight into the Caravan, but a 240v outlet will do.

That was on my mind the other day actualy, I wondered if I could plug the 240 into the 15A plug (with an adapter) will my caravan's electrical system still draw it in ? I will need to make sure and speak to my installer when I get to that.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Exactly.

I have an electric truck to charge my Caravan batteries if required. (y)

Not sure if the CT will have a 15A to plug straight into the Caravan, but a 240v outlet will do.

That was on my mind the other day actualy, I wondered if I could plug the 240 into the 15A plug (with an adapter) will my caravan's electrical system still draw it in ? I will need to make sure and speak to my installer when I get to that.
You should be able to makeup a standard cable to the RV plug as well. If you haven't got a RV system yet, I'm happy to give you pointers. We could start a CT RV electrical thread.
I think the CT will have 15A 240V anyway.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You should be able to makeup a standard cable to the RV plug as well. If you haven't got a RV system yet, I'm happy to give you pointers. We could start a CT RV electrical thread.
I think the CT will have 15A 240V anyway.
Ha.. We have time up our sleeve, i reckoned there will be plenty of threads on the topic by the time we get ours.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
We have two Starlink dishes, and my experience is that the signal is attenuated by glass, so I doubt a factory solution would be under a glass window. Would need to be some sort of plastic/Acrylic cover. Maybe behind the rear glass area near the bed, or spread out over either side of the roof apex? Good thing with phased array is you can have different shaped arrays that operate as one with some tuning.

There is a mini dish due to come out similar to the proposed Amazon one which is about this size, so maybe that will be easier to fit somewhere:

64120c135f4f54001919c50f?width=990&format=jpeg.jpg

Should be around 11.4" x 9.8" (28.5cm x 25cm) according to the patent, and you can slip it next to a 14" Macbook.

ishy-sizes-original-standard-high-performance-mini.png

this is the factory available starlink accessory

I’d like someone to help me better understand who needs it, in what applications
Sponsored