alcstarheel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few
Country flag
I hope you are correct but the actual law says: "For purposes of this subsection, the term dealer means a person licensed by a State ... to engage in the sale of vehicles." (the ellipsis is a bunch of legal language defining a "state")
Tesla is licensed to sell in most states. If they aren't licensed in your state (like me in Texas) they register the car in California then transfer to the buyer on purchase then you as a buyer register the vehicle in your state.

I believe the Texas law is changing soon to allow them to sell in the state directly if it hasn't changed already.
Sponsored

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Does that also mean the rebate amount can be used as a deposit for finance, or is the whole vehicle "devalued" by the rebate, and the lender would still require even more as a deposit?

Also does it exclude foreigners that have a US tax number? Because like, that would be sweet otherwise...thanks guys. ;)
The sale price would be reduced by $7,500. Donors like a deposit. That way you will only finance the purchase price less the $7,500. Apply you’re own deposit and that would actually be a nice reduction in financed value.

In my state, Maryland, we get an additional $3,000 excise tax credit after purchase. I also get 50% of my charger install costs covered up to $700.