Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
My question is if I have a tax number will I get the in shop rebate in Texas next year?

Because that would quell my desire for the Foundation edition with a standard DM sometime next year.
I would really like Tesla to add something to the site about the pos. But they won't until next year or ppl will wait

bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now-M3 RWD, Taycan CT4 Past-MS90D,BMW i3,Polestar2
Country flag
If the selling price of the Plaid can go from $130K+ to $90K, it's not inconceivable that the Cyberbeast can go from $100K to $80K after the initial demand is filled. Tesla can also play w/ the selling price by moving various functions to subscription basis, i.e. basic auto pilot, rear wheel steer, etc.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is what it is saying.

But they didn't bother to list the sedans until they did qualify.

-Crissa
That's what I was wondering. After seeing the Cyberbeast on the list, looked for the Model S. Absent. Maybe Tesla is considering hefty Cybertruck/beast price drops sometime in 2024?

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
That's what I was wondering. After seeing the Cyberbeast on the list, looked for the Model S. Absent. Maybe Tesla is considering hefty Cybertruck/beast price drops sometime in 2024?
I agree, I think that's entirely possible (that said as someone who's already ordered a foundation series)

whatnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
If the AWD version is at $79,990, just $10 below the limit, would adding any extra features (FSD, premium wheels, etc) push it over the limit and disqualify you completely from the rebate? Meaning, would the only way to qualify be to get the barebones, base version of the truck?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
The law states that "optional equipment attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer" are included in the vehicle price. It's been pretty well established* that FSD software isn't "attached", so is not included against the maximum sales price. Premium wheels, optional paint colors, wraps, white seats, light bars**, etc. WILL be included as "attached".

*may be tested in the courts some day?!?

**seems like Tesla will sell you the lightbar but you have to attach it yourself.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would really like Tesla to add something to the site about the pos. But they won't until next year or ppl will wait
This right here - you’re on to something. If Tesla advertised now that you could just go in next month and take 7500 off the car, NO ONE would buy in December.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If the AWD version is at $79,990, just $10 below the limit, would adding any extra features (FSD, premium wheels, etc) push it over the limit and disqualify you completely from the rebate? Meaning, would the only way to qualify be to get the barebones, base version of the truck?
Anything physically attached to the car counts against the price. White interior, upgraded wheels, etc.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Blessing in disguise I guess that I don’t qualify for the tax credit so I don’t need to fret about what options I choose for my dual motor 😅
Sponsored