Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There are all sorts of cool things I want, but my philosophy is that anything I can add or hack in myself isn't worth trying to convince a corporate giant to mass manufacture.
That includes most hardware features I can fabricate.

So hoping for software features and customizability I can't create after the fact seems more reasonable.

Dolby Atmos movie mode?
Add a "Drive-Thru" feature to the enhanced connectivity subscription that picks up food for me?
Hidden machine in the glovebox that folds square pieces of paper into origami unicorns so there is mysteriously always a new one there when you open it?
TSLA stock ticker widget in the UI.
That is it. Understanding how Tesla works. They don’t have options in the traditional sense of the word. There will be features that are common to all trims, a few features specific to the trims, and a very small set of known options: e.g., wheel size, interior color. If there are options for the CT specifically they would be add ons like the tow hitch and roof rack are for the SX3Y vehicles. Anyone’s guess there.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Unfortunately only an integrated bong is likely

So was boat mode.
Well, boat mode was just a reference to the CTs ability to float, whereas the announcement that was made about the camera purchase was about new hardware. Not exactly apples and apples.

OP
OP

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, boat mode was just a reference to the CTs ability to float, whereas the announcement that was made about the camera purchase was about new hardware. Not exactly apples and apples.
"cross river, lakes and seas"

The smallest sea is probably the Adriatic. So crossing from Italy to Greece is a go. On a calm day, of course.

High AF

Even floating crossing a river safely would require propulsive force significantly greater than the cross current. Also a bilge and bilge pump. I'm cool with that, but its not on my list of possibility.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I had just learned about it and shared what I had read. I hope it may have helped others who may not have known.
Just another reason why the forum moderators should put together an FAQ or pinned articles. There is a long list of topics that come up every month or so that get completely rehashed every time. I am as guilty as anyone. I think it would be in everyone's best interests to be able to point to an FAQ. That said, now that we are in the final few months of this wait maybe it isn't worth the effort to create. Anyway, the Samsung purchase news is here (last June):

https://insideevs.com/news/591428/t...sign-4-billion-usd-camera-module-supply-deal/

OP
OP

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just another reason why the forum moderators should put together an FAQ or pinned articles. There is a long list of topics that come up every month or so that get completely rehashed every time. I am as guilty as anyone. I think it would be in everyone's best interests to be able to point to an FAQ. That said, now that we are in the final few months of this wait maybe it isn't worth the effort to create. Anyway, the Samsung purchase news is here (last June):

https://insideevs.com/news/591428/t...sign-4-billion-usd-camera-module-supply-deal/
Why would the forum moderators want fewer posts? Their purpose is add revenue from views.

The discussions here are for enjoyment and are of course repetitive.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Why would the forum moderators want fewer posts? Their purpose is add revenue from views.

The discussions here are for enjoyment and are of course repetitive.
Admittedly I do not know how the moderators manage the site. From all the ads I see I suspect that they cover the marketing end of things and since the number of posters seems fairly static I am not sure that they are generating more views with repeated topic postings. If it were me, I would say that having real information in one place would support more views of that page but that is me.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
There are all sorts of cool things I want, but my philosophy is that anything I can add or hack in myself isn't worth trying to convince a corporate giant to mass manufacture.
… and that is why I would like a refrigerated frunk integrated with HVAC. An aftermarket refrigerator fights against the heat it creates inside the frunk/cabin/bed.

Walkstep

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tundra, 1968 Dodge Dart, 1983 CJ8 Crawler
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I’ve wanted to ask for this for a while as a serious consideration for the CT:

Please add 15 and 40-amp auxiliary circuits controlled by programable softkeys on the main screen; four 15’s and 2 40’s amp would be a great start. I’m installing a Switchpros RC-12 on my Jeep right now and thought it would be great as a factory option on the CT.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I’ve wanted to ask for this for a while as a serious consideration for the CT:

Please add 15 and 40-amp auxiliary circuits controlled by programable softkeys on the main screen; four 15’s and 2 40’s amp would be a great start. I’m installing a Switchpros RC-12 on my Jeep right now and thought it would be great as a factory option on the CT.
The newer Jeeps have this (well just four, which I thought was plenty). I had my onboard air, front lights, and rear lights on them. But as much as I like softkeys and screen controls, I think I would hate having things like the lights on a screen, because they need to be manipulated quickly and often while flying down a wash at ludicrous speed, without looking. The Jeep has buttons, and also programmability via the screen.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Storm mode: when a storm is coming, park on a hill and extend the BAW straight up. When lightning strikes the lightning rod BAW, battery gets insta charged and all your cooking happens in one fell swoop. Just make sure you are inside the faraday cage exoskeleton or you will be part of the dinner cooking.
Have you been watching 'Back To The Future' AGAIN?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I would like some sound effects in cabin. Open/close doors, seatbelts plugged/unplugged. A suite of Sci-Fi sounds for common operations.

radami1

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, model s
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Storm mode: when a storm is coming, park on a hill and extend the BAW straight up. When lightning strikes the lightning rod BAW, battery gets insta charged and all your cooking happens in one fell swoop. Just make sure you are inside the faraday cage exoskeleton or you will be part of the dinner cooking.
You spin a good yarn. IÄşl remember that when I need frank financial advice.
Sponsored