A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
There was for years a radio show called "Prarie Home Companion" set in Lake Wobegone "Where the men are strong, the women are good looking and all the children are above average". The joke is that this is impossible.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
It was an insurance salesman joke. But perhaps you're not claiming to be the sharpest pencil in the box.
I'm not getting the insurance salesman joke. But I know I'm not the sharpest pencil. My pencil is always in use so it's pretty difficult to keep sharp.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
An ICE car has one reversing gear with a single gear ratio. They are not capable of driving more than 10-15 miles per hour in reverse either. The video is a stunt, likely they have 2 trucks, one with a reversed body.
Seen that stunt at Disney or Universal Studios in FlorIda where the car body was reversed.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
There are plenty of idiots with money for various reasons. Lots of jobs require skills but no brains.
Yeah, you can have one skill, some luck, and timing to make a ton. I knew a guy who combined one specific skill in construction contracting with a boom in the market and a chance meeting to make a quarter million a year....for a short while. He bought a nice yacht. Could never dock it. Got a boating under the influence AND a driving under the influence in one year. Eventually wrecked the boat in a spectacular event that made the national news. He's poor now. He had no brains to do anything outside of that one thing at the one right time.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Does that mean we get negative miles per charge? So driving backwards my CT3 will have a -500 mile range? I bet some mathematician or physicist can explain what that would mean in practical terms. Or do the negative miles get canceled out with negative charge disipation so starting on an empty battery, driving backwards 500 miles will fully charge my battery?

Wait... Maybe it means that for driving backwards we need to have the battery charged with positrons instead of electrons.

Oh... I am so confused now. Physics is hard.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm just wondering, if we run the car at 88 MPH in reverse what happens?

Tesla Cybertruck How fast in reverse iu

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
You go forward in time, duh.
CT is a super massive dense object that warps space time as you travel. Time is slowed inside the cabin making the perceived travel time less.
Sponsored