Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Guys whats the timeline on Dual Motor CT? My reservation was in Nov' 19. Cheers!
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Guys whats the timeline on Dual Motor CT? My reservation was in Nov' 19. Cheers!
No one knows. We also don't know which configuration is first, Elon said last it would be quad, but we don't know for sure. (Even he probably doesn't know.)

-Crissa

Mdub

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Silverado
Occupation
Construction PM
Country flag
I would just stay in line. Nothing to lose. I ordered at 5am after the reveal, dual motor. I regret not going tri-motor and wish changing my order wouldn't kick to the back of the line.

Does anyone know if upgrading to a tri or quad-motor would set me back in line?

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Being that there's nothing else on the market relevant to me, I'll be waiting until it comes out.

I'm the guy who basically wants an EV Ram TRX. I don't tow but I do off road a little. After getting a MYP in November I'm not going back to ICE, nor dealerships, and the Tesla charging network has no competition—period.

Soooo... I guess I'm waiting because I've got no choice.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Given Quad Motor have taken over first production roll -out; how long are you willing to wait for your CyberTruck - I am at 6 years now given priority has shifted based upon Quad and Tri-Motor priorities. Will you be willing to wait 5 years or more or eventually will you shop elsewhere?
been gone for several weeks....so as I read you post, it appears that the quad motor will be the first to be made....is that true?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
If I actually thought my res was 6 years out from beginning I would've bought a lightning or rivian already for sure.

Then traded ofc
That was or has been my plan but it is not working out well as my Lightning is being shunned by all the big online buyers like CarMax. Value is dropping quick. Not sure what things will look like next spring when hopefully my Cybertuck becomes available.

Wish I had kept my Ram 1500 and sold it when Cyberturuck is ready instead.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I would just stay in line. Nothing to lose. I ordered at 5am after the reveal, dual motor. I regret not going tri-motor and wish changing my order wouldn't kick to the back of the line.

Does anyone know if upgrading to a tri or quad-motor would set me back in line?
You may be okay. You may have a chance to change from dual to tri when Tesla asks you to place your order

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
As long as it takes... :cool:

Day-3 Tri-Motor CT reservation holder here, and I'll likely take delivery of a Fisker Ocean Extreme later this year as a holdover to the CT.

I'm already locked in to the Federal incentive with a firm order pre-Aug. 17th, 2022 so only makes sense to take it even for a quick flip.

Tesla Cybertruck How long will you wait for your Cybertruck? Ocean Confirmation 2 Edit

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
That was or has been my plan but it is not working out well as my Lightning is being shunned by all the big online buyers like CarMax. Value is dropping quick. Not sure what things will look like next spring when hopefully my Cybertuck becomes available.

Wish I had kept my Ram 1500 and sold it when Cyberturuck is ready instead.
Yea, I sold my m3 when CT was announced and tried to just my silverado but then the delays happened so I got a MYP.

Family loves it so qe are keeping it when CT comes out.

Sold the silverado for pretty good and we still have a civic to trade.

dnjudd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Communications Engineer
Country flag
Actually you can count on the fact that not everyone with a reservation will proceed to purchase so the numbers will come down some. At least I hope so.

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
Reservation was Dec 2019. Been putting back a payment since then. My truck died last year and my only backup is a 1990’s f-150 that could die anytime. Renamed my old Ford “Hope” 🤞. There is absolutely nothing out there in the truck EV space that I am willing to purchase except CT right now. I guess I’ll wait as long as I have to. Should be able to afford whichever trim level is available, hell, if I have to wait 2-3 more years I might be able to afford 2 of them.

Hunter71294

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
Actually you can count on the fact that not everyone with a reservation will proceed to purchase so the numbers will come down some. At least I hope so.
I think a good amount will cancel. Price is almost for sure higher than initially announced and economy outlook isn't looking great at the moment. Tesla has slashed prices like crazy this year. I know they're trying to capture the market, but clearly demand has fallen. I would think ICE vehicles demand will drop significantly later this year. Like you said, at least I hope so 😂

cybrtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram3500
Country flag
Sometimes I wonder if these posts are started by folks associated with other manufacturers or dealers...

but look- as the owner of a 2016 Ram 3500- I will wait however long to buy a cybertruck. I will never buy a truck from the ford/chevy/dodge again.

I made a reservation a year and a half after the reveal and I will wait however long it takes.
Sponsored