How Many CyberTrucks Of Each Motor Configuration (single, dual, triple) Have Been Preordered?

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 , 2 Mustang GTā€™s, Saturn Sky, Ducati
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
How many Cybertrucks of each motor configuration (single, dual, triple) have been preordered?
Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I think itā€™s impossible to know from public information, which is only the preorder slot numbers across all Tesla models (and some Musk interviews and tweets). We do know there were much more preorders than expected for dual and tri, and they shifted the production order because of that.

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Check out the cybertruck reservations google sheet at the top of this site. Thereā€™s a menu item at the top which takes you there.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think itā€™s impossible to know from public information, which is only the preorder slot numbers across all Tesla models (and some Musk interviews and tweets). We do know there were much more preorders than expected for dual and tri, and they shifted the production order because of that.
We knew that in the first week after the unveiling, but we donā€™t know what has happened since then.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This is the spreadsheet stats. It should give you a relative sense of reservations with respect to each other:

Tesla Cybertruck How Many CyberTrucks Of Each Motor Configuration (single, dual, triple) Have Been Preordered? 1613510772341

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
Thanks for the info!

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
This is the spreadsheet stats. It should give you a relative sense of reservations with respect to each other:

1613510772341.jpeg

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

1613510772341.jpeg
I wish I could say that is helpful. Are you suggesting that we simply divide the number of reservations we ā€˜hearā€™ exist (over 600,000) by these percentages? In December, 2019, it might have been 40%, 40%, 20% (or whatever) but people have been jumping around and we just donā€™t know anymore.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I wish I could say that is helpful. Are you suggesting that we simply divide the number of reservations we ā€˜hearā€™ exist (over 600,000) by these percentages? In December, 2019, it might have been 40%, 40%, 20% (or whatever) but people have been jumping around and we just donā€™t know anymore.
This in no way was meant to help getting an accurate number. The only reason I posted it is that in the most recent interview Elon reenforced the idea that Dual motor is first so I thought in what ever method you use to guesstimate when you get yours, you can incorporate this radio. Personally, I think even if you had a fairly good guess of what the actual numbers are, you could not use it for an accurate estimate of time until at least a month into actual production and the knowledge of Teslaā€™s real priority once in production (only dual first year, 50%dual-40%Tri-10%single Second year,.....?). You want certainty, they have M3. With CT, it is all crapshoot at this point. I know none of this is helpful either. I am just trying to get you emotionally ready for the roller coaster ride ahead. It may appear that this site is for the exchange of highly technical information by a bunch of geeks but it is really a support group to delay the inevitable nervous breakdown for all of us.

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40, ordered Cybertruck dual-motor AWD
Country flag
Where is this 600,000 number coming from? I read a few articles from last year around April that said there was already 622,000 preorders (CNET Roadshow for instance). Forbes was estimating an insane number of new orders daily at 6K per day (which by now would put orders well over 2 million, lol), and lately I've read some estimates of just over 500,000 as of January, smh.

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
Thanks!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This in no way was meant to help getting an accurate number. The only reason I posted it is that in the most recent interview Elon reenforced the idea that Dual motor is first so I thought in what ever method you use to guesstimate when you get yours, you can incorporate this radio. Personally, I think even if you had a fairly good guess of what the actual numbers are, you could not use it for an accurate estimate of time until at least a month into actual production and the knowledge of Teslaā€™s real priority once in production (only dual first year, 50%dual-40%Tri-10%single Second year,.....?). You want certainty, they have M3. With CT, it is all crapshoot at this point. I know none of this is helpful either. I am just trying to get you emotionally ready for the roller coaster ride ahead. It may appear that this site is for the exchange of highly technical information by a bunch of geeks but it is really a support group to delay the inevitable nervous breakdown for all of us.
I do not think that much of anything Elon Musk could say wrt scheduling can be taken with anything but a grain of salt. The guy says he wants the roadster to hover. How can you take one thing seriously when he says that? He has always said that the dual and tri motors will be made concurrently (more or less), and I would be supremely depressed if that were not the case, so I choose to believe that what he said was merely another game.

By the way I agree with the nervous breakdown part :)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Where is this 600,000 number coming from? I read a few articles from last year around April that said there was already 622,000 preorders (CNET Roadshow for instance). Forbes was estimating an insane number of new orders daily at 6K per day (which by now would put orders well over 2 million, lol), and lately I've read some estimates of just over 500,000 as of January, smh.
EM admitted to at least that on Battery Day. Some say it is more like double that. Probably somewhere in the middle. It is probable that the percentages still favor dual and tri motor variants over the single.

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40, ordered Cybertruck dual-motor AWD
Country flag
Of course a lot depends on how much the pace of preorders slowed down since the middle of last year, but if preorders stood at 622K at the beginning of April, then even if you halved the numbers it could still give you close to a MILLION preorders!
But it's also possible that once word got out about how long they'd have to wait, as in 2-4 years, that all but the most avid buyers gave up on preordering, idk.
Sponsored