Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired LEO
Country flag
How many shares of Tesla do you own and what are your future plans for the stock? (I don't know if that's too personal of a question.) My wife ands I are all in for the long run. She bought in before the split.

In Musk we Trust!
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
How many shares of Tesla do you own and what are your future plans for the stock? (I don't know if that's too personal of a question.) My wife ands I are all in for the long run. She bought in before the split.

In Musk we Trust!
I'm accepting donations if anyone has too many shares.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
We have a financial investor and I know she likes Tesla, but I have no idea how much we have exactly. I do know I said specifically to not bother with legacy auto in the portfolio three years ago.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I've told this story on here before but I heard about this cool new start-up car company in 2014 after they won Motor Trend Car of the Year and Automobile Automobile of the Year. I asked my financial advisor if I should buy some shares. He said that he would advise against it.

2016 comes around I ask again, he said no way because Tesla will go bankrupt.

Now it's early 2018 and I'm a few months away from taking delivery of my Model 3 and I'm going down the Tesla rabbit hole. I now tell my financial advisor to buy 15 shares @$57.90 (post-split) and again, he strongly advised against but he ultimately did buy the shares. Over the next 18 months, I kept sending him links about Tesla news but he clearly was not interested and then I came to the conclusion that he really didn't understand what I was interested in. I fired him on Christmas 2019 and since that day I'm up about 625% on my Tesla Investments that I was told many times to stay away from. I now have 137 shares with a goal of owning 10,000 shares in total (almost there hehe).

Tesla Cybertruck How many shares of Tesla do you own? Screenshot (63)

Point is, Do your own research. Build your conviction and pull the trigger.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was working in Santa Clara when I saw my first Tesla....A red Model S and I looked inside an saw no console....wow....I said I would never buy that car....Than I heard that charging stations were going to and the stock my be a good investment.....that was 2013......I retired in 2014 and looked that the stock for an investment and a pass down to my son....was told by my brother-in-law to but it....wife said buy it....well I did in 2017...75 shares....fast forward to split time......6 to 1......I stopped buying and just sitting back waiting for the next split......then my son can early retire....best decision I ever made except for marrying my wife when a senior in college with no job, $750 in the bank....we have really been blessed....good luck to others.

myrickma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Hopefully 5x more in the next few months.

I own what I could afford when I bought in 2016, but it's all in my SBA so I can't touch it until I retire.
Unless I want to pay outrageous penalties and taxes.

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Bought a bunch of shares a few years ago with the money I got when I sold my ICE to get my Model S LR. Now it's worth enough to buy a couple of Cybertrucks and a Roadster. I'm not planning on getting a Roadster because I love my MSLR too much and I don't need super Plaid speed, but I have upgraded my plans from a dual to a Tri (or maybe a quad) motor CT.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I've told this story on here before but I heard about this cool new start-up car company in 2014 after they won Motor Trend Car of the Year and Automobile Automobile of the Year. I asked my financial advisor if I should buy some shares. He said that he would advise against it.

2016 comes around I ask again, he said no way because Tesla will go bankrupt.

Now it's early 2018 and I'm a few months away from taking delivery of my Model 3 and I'm going down the Tesla rabbit hole. I now tell my financial advisor to buy 15 shares @$57.90 (post-split) and again, he strongly advised against but he ultimately did buy the shares. Over the next 18 months, I kept sending him links about Tesla news but he clearly was not interested and then I came to the conclusion that he really didn't understand what I was interested in. I fired him on Christmas 2019 and since that day I'm up about 625% on my Tesla Investments that I was told many times to stay away from. I now have 137 shares with a goal of owning 10,000 shares in total (almost there hehe).

Screenshot (63).png

Point is, Do your own research. Build your conviction and pull the trigger.
Yeah, good job! I fired my traditional broker 25 years ago when I realized he advised I sell my largest and most promising holding. Transferred all our financial assets into an on-line account that had just started to become a thing. We moved to another town and when our old house sold I transferred another $100K plus into our on-line account and used almost all of it to add to our QCOM holdings. Over the next 18 months I watched as the stock my previous broker had advised against proceeded to appreciate a shocking 3500%! Sold it all and retired. Haven't had a traditional broker/financial advisor since.

Financial advisors and stock brokers are working because they need a job.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, good job! I fired my traditional broker 25 years ago when I realized he advised I sell my largest and most promising holding. Transferred all our financial assets into an on-line account that had just started to become a thing. We moved to another town and when our old house sold I transferred another $100K plus into our on-line account and used almost all of it to add to our QCOM holdings. Over the next 18 months I watched as the stock my previous broker had advised against proceeded to appreciate a shocking 3500%! Sold it all and retired. Haven't had a traditional broker/financial advisor since.

Financial advisors and stock brokers are financial advisors because they need a job.
yep, remember they don't make money unless you buy or sell something.......they are like some dentists I know....if you move and get a new dentist, first question is how long has it been since you have seen a dentist....they they proceed to destroy all the good teeth you have left with crowns or root canals....I had a dentist in San Jose....he said I had a cavity and need to replace a crown because it had decay....well 4 years later he has not mentioned it again.....but I have no decay or pain and the crown is still there.....

morel to this is, if you feel something is wrong. go with your gut......fire the SOB
Sponsored