Sorin

First Name
Sorin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck twin motor, foundation series
Country flag
I know I'm not the most handy guy on the planet, but how do I attach the rear license plate? Do I use some of the screws that say front? Are they self tapping?

I appreciate any help on this topic.

Thank you.
Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? IMG_6977
Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? IMG_6978
Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? IMG_6981
Sponsored

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
As far I recall the rear has no plate holder. Just screw into the holes already there. The only plate holder is for front. Is that a pic of the back license area without any holes ?

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla does not provide a rear plate holder. You can use the same self tapping screws for your plate. Mine came with the temporary plate attached to the rear at delivery but itā€™s the same screws as the front ones.

If you are looking for a plate frame/holder, thereā€™s always this one that fits perfectly with the Cybertruck style but Iā€™m biased. šŸ˜‰

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1705864246/tesla-cybertruck-stainless-steel-license

Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? IMG_6041

Last edited:
OP
OP

Sorin

First Name
Sorin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck twin motor, foundation series
Country flag
Yes, that is the front license plate holder, which has three sets of screws. They are all labeled as front, but I guess Iā€™m supposed to use one set of those screws for the back?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Tesla does not provide a rear plate holder. You can use the same self tapping screws for your plate. Mine came with the temporary plate attached to the rear at delivery but itā€™s the same screws as the front ones.

If you are looking for a plate frame/holder, thereā€™s always this one that fits perfectly with the Cybertruck style but Iā€™m biased. šŸ˜‰

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1705864246/tesla-cybertruck-stainless-steel-license

IMG_6041.jpeg
Yeah Im buying this. I just need my Beast. Do you recommend the matte or satin?

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Purchased! Cant imagine how much money your making on this!
Thank you! Please share any feedback after receiving it.

All proceeds are going directly to paying for the cybertruck. ;) Margins aren't that great after paying for materials, various Etsy fees, sponsorship fee, taxes, etc.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Thank you! Please share any feedback after receiving it.

All proceeds are going directly to paying for the cybertruck. ;) Margins aren't that great after paying for materials, various Etsy fees, sponsorship fee, taxes, etc.
Does it cover any of the back up lights? My plate almost does. Just wondering if it covers it up a bit.

I used a little larger sized stainless set of screws.

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Does it cover any of the back up lights? My plate almost does. Just wondering if it covers it up a bit.

It goes to the edge of the back up lights. I will take a picture when it gets dark out so you can see where the plate is in relation to the back up lights

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

Here are some pictures at night with the reverse lights on and the frame. The frame is barely over the reverse light edges but there is plenty of light left over on both sides.

Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? IMG_6204

Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? IMG_6203

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag

IMG_6041.jpeg
I just received your plate holder today. Itā€™s good quality stuff. Iā€™d recommend it.

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I just received your plate holder today. Itā€™s good quality stuff. Iā€™d recommend it.
Iā€™m so glad you like it šŸ‘ I put aside any frames that donā€™t meet my quality standards.

Would you mind leaving a review on Etsy? Iā€™m new to the marketplace and it would really help me out with some real customersā€™ feedback. Thanks in advance!

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
Mine has 4 self tapping screws but with this license plate I'll probably need to get some anti-theft ones. :) BTW I did not go with a frame, if you zoom in on the plate check out the phrase that my state uses at the bottom. I figured it was appropriate for the Beast. :)

Tesla Cybertruck How to Attach Rear License Plate? 20240505_075653
Sponsored