How will actual ordering / what does our “preorder” mean?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So, the “real configurations” will not actually occur until production starts? … or, perhaps sooner?
Not until after production occurs, because they'll ship it to employees they can get to sign non disclosures first.

We'll get hints as they send out regulatory paperwork on range and efficiency, and see them being tested.

-Crissa
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Not until after production occurs, because they'll ship it to employees they can get to sign non disclosures first.

We'll get hints as they send out regulatory paperwork on range and efficiency, and see them being tested.

-Crissa
That’s one idea!

I still think there will be an event before employees get trucks

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
The only vehicles that's been true of is the Roadster, Semi, and Model S Plaid.

-Crissa
I know you hate to hear it/ believe it - the price and truck have changed. A new unveiling makes total sense. Who knows, they could just update the configurator and send out "finish your truck" emails in batches as discussed.

But, conveniently, they have semi deliveries hitting on 12.1 and some demo cybertrucks in progress. I speculate the unveiling there and semi update as well. 🤞🏼

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I know you hate to hear it/ believe it - the price and truck have changed. A new unveiling makes total sense. Who knows, they could just update the configurator and send out "finish your truck" emails in batches as discussed.

But, conveniently, they have semi deliveries hitting on 12.1 and some demo cybertrucks in progress. I speculate the unveiling there and semi update as well. 🤞🏼
They've only changed the price once before in a prelaunch, and never released new specs only going to employees.

-Crissa

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
All I mostly care is the price.

Range, specs, etc. is just secondary. Price will literally determine if I can afford this or not.

It'll also be amazing if we can get the FSD at the original price!

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
All I mostly care is the price.

Range, specs, etc. is just secondary. Price will literally determine if I can afford this or not.

It'll also be amazing if we can get the FSD at the original price!
Just curious, what is your cutoff?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was downloading the next software version to my wife's car yesterday and it got stuck at 50% for an hour.....some how I was able to call and speak to a young lady who helped me out and I asked her about the truck......I told her my res # was 46k and I'll bet your's is around 300......yep, she said her's was 312......so employees are low and get the first trucks to work out all the issues......so, I am expecting my truck to get configured about 7-9 months after production of first delivery....... hope I am still around and that the price is within my range.....tri-motor order, so, we will find out about that model as well.....

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I was downloading the next software version to my wife's car yesterday and it got stuck at 50% for an hour.....some how I was able to call and speak to a young lady who helped me out and I asked her about the truck......I told her my res # was 46k and I'll bet your's is around 300......yep, she said her's was 312......so employees are low and get the first trucks to work out all the issues......so, I am expecting my truck to get configured about 7-9 months after production of first delivery....... hope I am still around and that the price is within my range.....tri-motor order, so, we will find out about that model as well.....
Are you older?! Why wouldn’t you be around? Sad thought

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are you older?! Why wouldn’t you be around? Sad thought
depends on what is older.....I am a young 73 but still ride my BMW r1200gs on a lot of BDR's and cross-country rides to there BMW national rally.......got over 225k miles on BMW's......I am just worried its going to be another 1.5-2.5 years and then I wont really have the desire to play with the bike or truck.....

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
depends on what is older.....I am a young 73 but still ride my BMW r1200gs on a lot of BDR's and cross-country rides to there BMW national rally.......got over 225k miles on BMW's......I am just worried its going to be another 1.5-2.5 years and then I wont really have the desire to play with the bike or truck.....
Hang in there buddy! 2 more years! 💙

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
bubba, my naybor is 75 my hanting pardner, guy is tuff as nayls. he waaks in these ruff hills in forest miles and miles wid me draging dear etc. u ll be fyne. (y)
I mean this in the nicest possible way.

Are you okay man?