What does “Gated” status mean?

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck on the way!
Occupation
MD
Country flag
Went to test drive the new Model 3 at our local service center today. Amazing upgrade by the way. But I asked about my Cybertruck status and the rep went into his little back room and came back with the comment, “your vehicle has made progress, it’s gated”.

He couldn’t really explain what that meant but I don’t have my vin yet soooo I’m wondering if anyone knows what that actually means. I’m obviously obsessed and hanging on every word possible 😂😂
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Went to test drive the new Model 3 at our local service center today. Amazing upgrade by the way. But I asked about my Cybertruck status and the rep went into his little back room and came back with the comment, “your vehicle has made progress, it’s gated”.

He couldn’t really explain what that meant but I don’t have my vin yet soooo I’m wondering if anyone knows what that actually means. I’m obviously obsessed and hanging on every word possible 😂😂
Quick search shows that word being used to describe a vehicle that's cleared of production from the factory. Can't tell you first hand but that sounds like your vin is close (hours/days away) and you're just waiting for shipping to be arranged.

Could be one of the ones sitting waiting for a piece of trim outside of the factory, which would explain why it's "gated" but you don't have a vin yet?

Also, holy crap. I just looked your order up in the tracker. 1/17? was that a typo?

Last edited:

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag

hmm. a rep actually gave you info on your vehicle status? hmm, interesting. No vin? hmm. very interesting. No email? hmm. pfft.

OP
OP
Avery21

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Country flag
Quick search shows that word being used to describe a vehicle that's cleared of production from the factory. Can't tell you first hand but that sounds like your vin is close (hours/days away) and you're just waiting for shipping to be arranged.

Could be one of the ones sitting waiting for a piece of trim outside of the factory, which would explain why it's "gated" but you don't have a vin yet?

Also, holy crap. I just looked your order up in the tracker. 1/17? was that a typo?
Thanks!! yes I looked it up a little bit as well, was looking if anyone had ever been told this too. And yes I did order 1/17! Crazy right??

OP
OP
Avery21

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Country flag
hmm. a rep actually gave you info on your vehicle status? hmm, interesting. No vin? hmm. very interesting. No email? hmm. pfft.
He
Thanks!! yes I looked it up a little bit as well, was looking if anyone had ever been told this too. And yes I did order 1/17! Crazy right??
He took my phone number and order number and went into his little back room though….

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
My order was 1/17 too in AZ. Looking forward to a VIN sometime in the next few weeks or so.

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
I'm gonna ask a Tesla rep when I get a chance to go by... 1/17 config date but I'm in RI... Maybe they will start pushing ones out further east a lil earlier then expected.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
He

He took my phone number and order number and went into his little back room though….
Lol I was told yesterday that even with my VIN there was no was to track the truck! 🤣 You don’t have an VIN yet and he was able to give you production info. 🙂 Nice you got something out of your visit.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Tesla used the term before on the 3 back early in production.
Tesla Cybertruck What does “Gated” status mean? Gated

From my GM friend who designed some cool parts on the new Hummer(god awfuly ugly):

We don't use the term. Guessing only. "I'd say it's' built out and in the lot waiting for repairs or updates. That happens all the time with new models."

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
So how do people who just put a deposit (1/17) on a CT get bumped up 4+ years. Who do you know? How many shares do you own? Are you Rich And Famous?

Rick

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
So how do people who just put a deposit (1/17) on a CT get bumped up 4+ years. Who do you know? How many shares do you own? Are you Rich And Famous?
Rick
I can assure you that the term "Gated" has nothing to do with anything in the ^ post.

OP
OP
Avery21

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
MD
Country flag

Rick
Rick, I didn’t just put a deposit down. I deposited the minute it was announced 4 years ago and still got an RN11284XXX. I got my invite on 1/17 and ordered on 1/17. I don’t know anyone. Not enough shares to brag about. And far from rich or famous😂
Sponsored