Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck( on order) model 3, Toyota Tacoma ,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Given Quad Motor have taken over first production roll -out; how long are you willing to wait for your CyberTruck - I am at 6 years now given priority has shifted based upon Quad and Tri-Motor priorities. Will you be willing to wait 5 years or more or eventually will you shop else

Relaxjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My reservation is after OP and 2026 would be fine with me. In fact I would not want it earlier than 25. To be honest, I am not waiting for delivery. I am waiting for Specs/Price and owner reviews. one thing at a time.

It would be very interesting to see what charging landscape will be like in 26. Would anyone care to predict? How many gen 4 superchargers? How many pull through? and where? How many (%) of superchargers will be open to public? What will reliability and ratio of CCS to none Tesla EVs will be comparing to today. I am sure someone has a chart or a map of future charging congestion and pain points. In other words how a CT ownership in 26 compares to 23 CT ownership and how it compares to 26 Silverado and Ram ownership?

Relaxjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm willing to wait 2-3 years until the dual motor is available as I'm 1,500,000 down the list. I ordered it after driving my wife's M3 . I will drive my '05 Tacoma until then.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla just opened up new orders for CT on the website.
It doesn't make sense to reopen orders if the many comments on here hold true, projected wait time is 4+ years.
I’m 99% sure they never stopped taking orders. We keep hearing rumors like this and they are always full of nonsense. Just a couple months ago someone said they “Opened preorders back up in Canada and Mexico”… but they’d never stopped taking pre-orders there.

When did they supposedly shut down orders?

PS: Please don’t quote the Electrik Vicking because I’m pretty sure he’s wrong on this one.

jqattan56

First Name
Jamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Design Cosultant
Country flag
Let me clarify I don’t mean it’s been six years now but I originally ordered in March 2020 and right now according to the rollout list I will not receive my Tesla until April 2026. So my math says six years since my initial order.
Same here, but after checking list, you will get it by the end of next year 2024. Hope you have the cash down payment.

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
I have waited on CT long enough that I finally broke down and bought a used model x with my extra CT money that I’ve been saving up. I bought it three days ago (2016 p90d matte black..named her VADER) I figured I can get most of my money back when I need to sell her….however, I’ve fallen in love. This 7 year old is amazing to drive. I can’t bear the thought of selling her. The new y is great, but the x is really something special. Evidence based speculation implies that CT will have a lot of similar design features as the X&S. I can’t wait.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My wife and I built our own house. I'm broke as F#(k. I'm balancing, paying down my debt, hoping my 2004 Dodge Ram doesn't just die, and hoping my reservation doesn't come up till I fix my money issue a bit.

And when I saying we built our own house I mean, we built our own house.

Nice video. A lot of hard work. It looks amazing. Kudos.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll be 70 in 2 weeks. How much time do I have!?

Johndavid7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck Reservation, 2019 Toyota Highlander Hy
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
Given Quad Motor have taken over first production roll -out; how long are you willing to wait for your CyberTruck - I am at 6 years now given priority has shifted based upon Quad and Tri-Motor priorities. Will you be willing to wait 5 years or more or eventually will you shop elsewhere?
I will definitely wait, but I may get a used Model X while waiting.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
My wife and I built our own house. I'm broke as F#(k. I'm balancing, paying down my debt, hoping my 2004 Dodge Ram doesn't just die, and hoping my reservation doesn't come up till I fix my money issue a bit.

Nice build!

Ditto. I am in a similar spot, we also just finished building our home. We looked at SIPS (really nice!) but ultimately went with ICF's. I was the architect, GC and overall project manager. It was a two-year build but we had almost every contract locked prior to Covid. Still expensive, so here's hoping the '09 Pontiac lasts until the CT makes it here!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Nice!!

We built our own place, but we’re on the 10 year plan. We decided we’d build this place for cash rather than debt. So we bought the property for mostly cash an paid it off after about 2 years, then when we sold our California place we took the equity and had a contractor build the foundation and shell and with the help of friends and a few sub contractors, I’ve built almost all of the rest myself.

We only have 1,600 sf and I’m going to be working on it on-and-off likely forever, but there is zero debt.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I’m 99% sure they never stopped taking orders. We keep hearing rumors like this and they are always full of nonsense. Just a couple months ago someone said they “Opened preorders back up in Canada and Mexico”… but they’d never stopped taking pre-orders there.

When did they supposedly shut down orders?

PS: Please don’t quote the Electrik Vicking because I’m pretty sure he’s wrong on this one.
I agree with you, Ogre. I check the Tesla Cybertruck website regularly and seemed to always accept orders. The only thing that ever changed was your ability to reserve different configs (i.e., single, dual, or trimotor). Even when someone posted on here that it was down one time, I was able to get to it just fine and place a reservation if needed. Maybe they put a pause on international orders for a bit? 🤷‍♂️

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I agree with you, Ogre. I check the Tesla Cybertruck website regularly and seemed to always accept orders. The only thing that ever changed was your ability to reserve different configs (i.e., single, dual, or trimotor). Even when someone posted on here that it was down one time, I was able to get to it just fine and place a reservation if needed. Maybe they put a pause on international orders for a bit? 🤷‍♂️
I have heard they stopped taking orders outside North America and maybe that’s what EV was talking about—he’s in Australia—if so, he wasn’t clear that was the case.

I’ve seen this rumor about “Starting up” pre-orders again in other places and it’s not entirely clear one way or the other.
Sponsored