Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, MB S500c
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Can I get some suggestions from others about how you plan to bring your dog if there's no pass-through?
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Can I get some suggestions from others about how you plan to bring your dog if there's no pass-through?
Early reports the bed can be AC’d. If no pass through, bed receives AC, and tonneau cover can stop, I will build a strip with geometric bubble trap for my dog to lift head, see and have some slotted air flow.

I prefer a pass through. Otherwise, blanket in the backseat to catch a huskies fur monster shedding.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Mine can ride in the bed or stay home.

OP
OP

Michael S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, MB S500c
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Mine can ride in the bed or stay home.
I spend much of my time with two kids and one Entlebucher Sennenhund in the rear.
Washington state is one of many states where allowing your dog or pet to travel loose in the back of an open truck bed is illegal. RCW 16.52. ... Transporting your dog unrestrained in the back of an open truck bed can result in a $250 fine and is further enforceable through some local city ordinances as well.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I spend much of my time with two kids and one Entlebucher Sennenhund in the rear.
Washington state is one of many states where allowing your dog or pet to travel loose in the back of an open truck bed is illegal. RCW 16.52. ... Transporting your dog unrestrained in the back of an open truck bed can result in a $250 fine and is further enforceable through some local city ordinances as well.
Good thing I live in Arkansas. Our dogs love the open truck bed.

OP
OP

Michael S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, MB S500c
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
After having a <Fav> dog eject out the passenger window that was rolled down, I’m against loose leash in-cab doggies. It was a mild LH freeway curve that the dog eagerly rushed to the window for aire only to keep right on going.

Those knock-down kennels are just the trick tied down in back of a pickup.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I expect the rear CT seat to have a foldup seat exposing a flat floor for the dogs to sit on in the cab, safe behind the front seats for short trips. Maybe a pop up dog box for the two Shepards in the air conditioned bed under the vault for long trips. For on the farm they'll just jump in the bed.

OP
OP

Michael S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, MB S500c
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
It would appear that there are few dog lovers among the CB buyers, or there would be more insistence that the vehicle accommodate canine companions without having to resort to losing the rear seating to makeshift covers. This makes sense, since I've never seen Elon with a dog by his side.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
It would appear that there are few dog lovers among the CB buyers, or there would be more insistence that the vehicle accommodate canine companions without having to resort to losing the rear seating to makeshift covers. This makes sense, since I've never seen Elon with a dog by his side.
You don't see any other vehicle manufacturer bending over backwards to accommodate dogs in back seats. This is one of those ridiculous requests from users on here who can't seem to get beyond the 120+ year fact that cars/trucks are not made with dog seating, but are focused on the humans who sit in them.

I hope EM and designers ignore this website completely otherwise if they felt any desire to take most of our advice under consideration, the thing would never get finished and would be a massive bastardization of unusable features trying to make it work for way too many purposes.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Michael S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, MB S500c
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
You don't see any other vehicle manufacturer bending over backwards to accomodate dogs in back seats. This is one of those ridiculous requests from users on here who can't seem to get beyond the 120+ year fact that cars/trucks are not made with dog seating, but are focused on the humans who sit in them.
SUV manufacturers know fully well that the area behind the rear seating is very often where the family dog rides. If you find it ridiculous that people would drive with their dogs in the car, I suppose you haven't lived in the Northwest. The very same features are what can make this vehicle camping friendly.
Sponsored