Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
SUV manufacturers know fully well that the area behind the rear seating is very often where the family dog rides. If you find it ridiculous that people would drive with their dogs in the car, I suppose you haven't lived in the Northwest.
This is not an SUV. Much easier to accomodate dogs on the floor in an SUV with multiple rows of seating where generally the second row is captains chairs as those two desires mesh together without much effort. But what is being suggested here is to take a standard truck rear bench seat and mash it into the round hole of dog owners desires.

I am a dog owner. I see no purpose for this. Fold up bench seat is the most I would care for regarding bringing my dogs in the cab. I've done without fold up.. and with fold up. Definitely not a demand on my radar. But clearly it is for those on this thread.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Elon said there would be access to the back seat area for long boards and I assumed my dog could go through there as well, but I prefer to rely on Dog Mode if I have to leave him alone in the truck and have him near me otherwise. I always have various seat protectors anyway. I consider a midgate a much more radical solution than just providing dog access so I won’t be heart broken if that isn’t the solution provided.

ranjames

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Cyber EVP
Country flag
I am going to let mine sit in the drivers seat and I am riding shotgun. It is self driving - right?? and my dog will get a lot of looks from people gawking at the Tesla Truck and then will really have a fit when they think a dog is driving it. :)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am going to let mine sit in the drivers seat and I am riding shotgun. It is self driving - right?? and my dog will get a lot of looks from people gawking at the Tesla Truck and then will really have a fit when they think a dog is driving it. :)
Joking aside FSD is definitely getting better. In the last release it was still messing up lane selection but in 11.3.6 I have seen notable improvement. Almost ‘dog’ driver ready :)

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Im a proper Hillbilly... My Pitty, Dixie, will be in the passenger seat if my wife isnt along with me. By the way that is here 'adopted' daughter, a ChiWeenie named Gypsy.

Tesla Cybertruck How will you take your dog? 123_1(120)

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
+1 to anyone that has previously noted that if I don’t like the dog, they can ride in the bed, but if I like the dog in the cab in a secure kennel, or in a dog seatbelt harness.

And it’s not just about if I like the dog. It’s about if I like the lives of the occupants in the vehicle in the event of a crash.

It kind of amazes me that people wear their seatbelts, but leave a 50 pound sack of meat projectile loose in the cab.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
I had had my first dog less than a week when an idiot came across four lanes right in front of me to try to take an exit. Me and another car in the adjacent lane, who had a dog loose in the car, both had to go full panic stop to avoid the idiot. I had my dog in a chest harness linked to seatbelt, they didn't. None of my dogs since are allowed to ride in the car any real distance without her "puppy seatbelt" on, based on what I learned that day.

I also learned a thing or two about police officers making snap judgments based on appearances that day, but that's a story for a different thread.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
I'll try to find a local fab shop that will modify my rear window so it can be lowered! LOL

*I know... Good luck with that!*

Last edited:

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I'll try to find a local fab shop that will modify my dear window so it can be lowered! LOL

*I know... Good luck with that!*
I may just remove it and replace it with a solid panel that Ican remove when needed. I plan of driving with the vault closed for 99.9% of the time

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
I may just remove it and replace it with a solid panel that Ican remove when needed. I plan of driving with the vault closed for 99.9% of the time
If you want to get super frisky with it...just make the replacement panel out of AR500 plate

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Good thing I live in Arkansas. Our dogs love the open truck bed.
I don't know if the law is still on the books, but Maumelle, AR used to have an ordinance prohibiting dogs from riding in the bed of a pickup truck.

2 year old kids on the other hand... perfectly legal for them to ride in the back. :oops: :rolleyes:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Can I get some suggestions from others about how you plan to bring your dog if there's no pass-through?
Our dog recently died at age 17 and I'm not sure any other dog can really replace him. But, I don't understand the question. Dog owners have been using pickups without pass-throughs for as long as I've been alive. Dogs and pick-ups go together like duck goes with a tangy sauce or gravy.

Is there a problem?
Sponsored