Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
As of late, I've been thinking about the Cybertruck as a vehicle and how people will use it. Will you guys use it as a daily driver or as a construction site machine? Do you want it to be focused on ruggedness or luxury (without compromising any design)? One big thing is its size; do you want it to be a little smaller to fit in a garage?

I think that they should focus more on luxury because 90% of buyers aren't going to be using it as a machine, but as a daily driver. I also think they should downsize it to fit in a garage. I get that the CT could very easily survive in any weather conditions for millennia, however, I wouldn't be able to charge without bringing out a heavy-duty extension cord (would it even work with the in-wall Tesla charging unit?), which is a big no-no for me.

Please share what y'all think.
Sponsored

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Itā€™ll be my daily driver filled with construction stuff, however I do like luxury also, and I want both luxury and toughness. Thereā€™s no reason why I canā€™t be happily comfortable during the drive home after long work day. It also needs to stay the same size. Itā€™ll actually be a little shorter than my f150. I still donā€™t understand why everyone is so hung up with the size, itā€™s no different than any other full size truck. I guess Iā€™m just used to that type of vehicle.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think it would be a bit sad to have such a capable truck sitting in a garage. I'm sure 100 years from now there will be a barn find. But I'd prefer to be out and about with mine. It's made strong and reliable. I'd like to use it for adventure travel, hauling the kids, and moving supplies for remodeling. Camping and forest service roads will be sweet. Traveling cross-country to show the kids everything around will be a blessing. Hauling toys to various adventure sports/activities will be a bonding experience.

I'll need to work up to it probably but maybe something like this:

Last edited:

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Our main reason for getting is travel.

We go to dog sporting events called ā€œFlyballā€ and we need to carry stuff. Weā€™ll be able to carry more stuff without compromising our comfort. Everything will be neatly stowed in a secure vault. Easy in easy out.

I might take it off-road once with a friend who does off-roading. Heā€˜ll be driving or at least leading on that adventure.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Itā€™ll be my daily driver filled with construction stuff, however I do like luxury also, and I want both luxury and toughness. Thereā€™s no reason why I canā€™t be happily comfortable during the drive home after long work day. It also needs to stay the same size. Itā€™ll actually be a little shorter than my f150. I still donā€™t understand why everyone is so hung up with the size, itā€™s no different than any other full size truck. I guess Iā€™m just used to that type of vehicle.
I think most don't drive crew cab 1/2 tons now. The size is perfect. It doesn't need any dimensional changes that I can see. Park outside or build a bigger garage. This is designed to compete in the f150 market, not the Colorado / Ranger segment.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Š—ŠŠ—-968, Canyonero
Country flag
I will travel to different municipalities and demonstrate my Cybertruck to Police Departments, and then share my Tesla referral code with them. Profit.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
I think most don't drive crew cab 1/2 tons now. The size is perfect. It doesn't need any dimensional changes that I can see. Park outside or build a bigger garage. This is designed to compete in the f150 market, not the Colorado / Ranger segment.
I agree, I'm glad Elon decided against making it "5% smaller so it can fit in a normal garage". Grew up in a truck family, as soon as I could afford my dream 1/2 ton crewcab I bought one. My sisters and I all drive or have driven 1/2 tons, we all live scattered across the country, none of us park our trucks in our garages. There's just no need. Whether they're covered in snow, soaking wet in the rain or chillin in the sun, trucks fine.

To answer the OP. I was originally looking at getting a commuter car like a M3, and use my truck for all truck things. However the idea of having autopilot for the really long drives deep into the mountains peaked my interest. So if the tri motor can end up getting near 600mi+ area (while that will still fall short of my current truck it'll be close enough), it'll be both my commuter car and mountain overland adventure towing truck.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
How will I use it? Not much. Mainly I'll just look at it and smile.

Changed my mind. I'll use it to be buried in it. That's how old I'll be when it gets here.

Last edited:

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
My CT will be my daily driver. I'm using it to rid myself of both an ice car (for mpg and dependable transport) and ice truck (for hauling my trailer, hauling junk, hitting the ski slopes, and overlanding).

So, everything above in the parentheses is what my CyberTruck will be used for. And, when my hauling gets to be too much, I will look into a customized Tesla Semi to do my hauling, etc.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
The Model 3 is the daily commuter while the CT (if it gets sold here in the end) will be the weekend driver for trips to the cabin, to in-lawsā€™ farms, winter and summer sports including eMTBs and sup/windsurfing. Also handy for moving the kids and their friends around. Iā€™ll probably volunteer more for that if I have the CT.?

In a normal year we usually also do trips to family on the west coast and in Hamburg, Germany, and amazingly the huge CT will probably be better than the Model 3 down through the highways of Denmark to the Autobahn. Less so in the big city though but our car usually stays put one place and we use public trams when there.

EDIT: Just want to add that I too donā€™t want them to reduce the size, Iā€™m afraid it would break the initial concept and design, and I would only get the Wolverine if I have to.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
My CT will be my daily driver and a farm truck when it makes more sense to use it rather than the 2022 RAM 3500 (Diesel Pig).
I can't wait to drive it to the feed store and load a couple of pallets of feed on it.
It will also make an occasional appearance at the local drag strip (especially when they have the coal roller events). I will get immense satisfaction smoking the local Bubba rigs like a cheap cigar.
At my age road trips are few and far between but it's nice to know I can drive 400 plus miles without charging if need be.
We have a First Friday event 10 months out of the year where they close off downtown and have a big car show, live entertainment and food vendors. I'm sure the CT will get a lot of attention there.
I have five grandkids on the ground and two incubating. I'm sure one or more will learn to drive in "Papa Sarge's" CT.
Unless they come out with a Cybervan the CT will be the last vehicle I ever buy.
Sponsored