Hummer EV proto reviewed: 200kWh battery?!?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah.. that 200kWh range/ 350 mile battery. That means it is 1/3 as efficient as the Model 3.

I don't think I will buy the Cybertruck if it's remotely as inefficient as this.

I just can't see any practical reason for buying this. It seems like the sole purpose of the vehicle is to signal to the world that you have a bunch of money and can buy giant, expensive toys. The Hummer's mission is unchanged, they just greenwashed it a tiny bit.

Cannot see them selling many of these, even at $87k, if/ when they eventually get to that price point.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
This just shows how far other companies are behind when it is compared to Tesla. I agree on the inefficiencies on the battery front. When you factor in the cost it makes it even more apparent that it will take a long time for a company to match Tesla.

With all that being said, Tesla has not indicated what the size of the battery is to reach 500+ miles (or 610 miles according to the patent they applied for). The Cybertruck probably will weight between 8,000 to 9,000 pounds. That is a lot of mass to move with a battery.

Tesla Cybertruck Hummer EV proto reviewed:  200kWh battery?!? 1633379089537

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Cybertruck probably will weight between 8,000 to 9,000 pounds.
Strikes me as highly unlikely for a whole lot of reasons. Tesla has positioned the Cybertruck against the F150 from the start. At that weight you are looking at the F250 or even the F350.

They said it has better performance than the competition at the same weight. The Cybertruck doesn't have better towing capacity or load capacity than the F250. Thus we're looking at the F150 which tops out around 5700 pounds I think. Every metric shown during the event was pointed at the F150. That means it's a light duty truck. At 8,000 pounds with a 3,500 pound means GVW is over 11k pounds and well into Heavy Duty truck category.

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah.. that 200kWh range/ 350 mile battery. That means it is 1/3 as efficient as the Model 3.

I don't think I will buy the Cybertruck if it's remotely as inefficient as this.

I just can't see any practical reason for buying this. It seems like the sole purpose of the vehicle is to signal to the world that you have a bunch of money and can buy giant, expensive toys. The Hummer's mission is unchanged, they just greenwashed it a tiny bit.

Cannot see them selling many of these, even at $87k, if/ when they eventually get to that price point.
Elon has better uses for KWH then propping up anybodies ego. He has a mission.

Deleted member 12457

Since these battery wasters are above the EV credit Biden was asking for, they should instead be taxed for the additional batteries to get them to even move. I can see semis using 200kWh batteries but they're pulling commercial loads, not fat rich boys.
Sponsored