Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Fingerprints are unavoidable on the stock CT and they instantly distract from the clean awesomeness of the truck. And from what I hear and have experienced with raw stainless, it’s actually very hard to remove them.
Sponsored

TwiztOG43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
Reps won’t even open the tonneau cover or doors to see in side. So that’s not it either.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Fingerprints are unavoidable on the stock CT and they instantly distract from the clean awesomeness of the truck. And from what I hear and have experienced with raw stainless, it’s actually very hard to remove them.
See my thread on the Bethesda MD Tesla store.

THIS IS LITERALLY what two different people working in that store told me told me. They now have the entire rear portion of the store roped off with a "rope guard" on duty. The CT can only be viewed from the front (no walk arounds) because (see the quotes) "we had to get the truck detailed because of all the fingerprints."

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I lose respect for any truck owner who gives fingerprints a second thought. This just seems like more fake outrage, like all the people that made a mountain out of a molehill over minor panel gap variations.

My wife and I have had a new hobby for the last 5 years, checking out panel gap variations on other new cars. Yesterday we saw a new looking Mercedes Benz that had surprisingly large variations in panel gaps, clearly visible from one lane over. This happens all the time.

Maybe our new hobby will be looking for Cybertrucks with dirt or fingerprints on it. But first we need to spot a Cybertruck in the wild!

It's a frickin' truck, only obsessive-compulsive types really care! I don't think I've washed the mud off my truck for months (although recent rains removed about half of it). Yeah, it looks messy, so what? It's not a garage queen and neither will my Cybertruck end up with that terrible fate.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
All that shiny stainless sure does look pretty in the showroom, though.

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
SOP at delivery centers. It was the same when Plaid came out. I asked to see one and they told me no because they didn’t want greasy fingerprints all over it. So I just went around back and found one sitting on the lot.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Want to see the fingerprints on my jeep? - seriously a non issue.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I lose respect for any truck owner who gives fingerprints a second thought. This just seems like more fake outrage, like all the people that made a mountain out of a molehill over minor panel gap variations.

It's a frickin' truck, only obsessive-compulsive types really care!
The panel gap comments and the fingerprint paranoids are just an extension of the THAT group. Tesla Haters, Antagonists, and Tall tales. THAT group likes the status quo. THAT group likes the OG OEMs. THAT group wants us all to stay with the ICE vehicles because they are rounded for pedestrian safety, have unlimited range, never catch fire, make their tires last longer, have “normal” wiper blades, can tow millions of tons, never get into accidents, etc. THAT group likes to short TSLA. THAT group wants to limit the output of BEVs because they are “too fast” and should be more like everything else out there. THAT group has their panties in a wad because the AWD dual motor doesn’t have 500+ miles of range like they promised, or a laser wiper blade, or because they don’t have 3mm SS any longer, or… THAT group wants you to believe they “missed the target” with the CT, and that Elon is too busy and his focus is too divided to run a company.

Don’t be a member of THAT group. Just say no.

Theprezodent

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Country flag
I went to see the CT in the Dallas store, and one of the sales reps said that they were roped off because they are not demo units. They are actual customer cars. He said they will be delivered in the next few weeks, and then the stores will get more later. As everyone here knows, the info from people in the stores can be very hit or miss, but this guy sounded very confident in his answer.

EDIT: Yes, it had all the Foundation markings.

Last edited:

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
More like cleaning your kitchen:
Good video and tips. I took notes! lol Although I am wrapping my CT black and it will be easier to clean with a wrap, I do want to know how to properly clean and shine the SS.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I went to see the CT in the Dallas store, and one of the sales reps said that they were roped off because they are not demo units. They are actual customer cars. He said they will be delivered in the next few weeks, and then the stores will get more later. As everyone here knows, the info from people in the stores can be very hit or miss, but this guy sounded very confident in his answer.
Did it have the "Foundation" markings?

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Want to see the fingerprints on my jeep? - seriously a non issue.
I have a Hellayella Jeep Rubicon and the great thing about the color is the Arizona pinstripes don’t show after wheeling on tight brushy trails. Will be interesting to see what a CT looks like after going through brush laden trails.

ElectricSheep

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
The panel gap comments and the fingerprint paranoids are just an extension of the THAT group. Tesla Haters, Antagonists, and Tall tales. THAT group likes the status quo. THAT group likes the OG OEMs. THAT group wants us all to stay with the ICE vehicles because they are rounded for pedestrian safety, have unlimited range, never catch fire, make their tires last longer, have “normal” wiper blades, can tow millions of tons, never get into accidents, etc. THAT group likes to short TSLA. THAT group wants to limit the output of BEVs because they are “too fast” and should be more like everything else out there. THAT group has their panties in a wad because the AWD dual motor doesn’t have 500+ miles of range like they promised, or a laser wiper blade, or because they don’t have 3mm SS any longer, or… THAT group wants you to believe they “missed the target” with the CT, and that Elon is too busy and his focus is too divided to run a company.

Don’t be a member of THAT group. Just say no.
There are folks who are day 1 or 2 CT reservation holders who were certainly disappointed at the specs and pricing of the final CT. $30K price bump and only 65% of the claimed range is a huge miss by Tesla in my opinion

I won’t qualify for the EV tax credit in 2024 and still think the value proposition has certainly dropped for the CT. I like some of the features, but it can’t replace my Jeep Rubicon related to off-roading (no brainer), but I doubt it can tow my off-road trailer as far as my Jeep. I am still holding My reservation to see it in person and compare directly to the competition before making a final decision.
Sponsored