Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
See my thread on the Bethesda MD Tesla store.

THIS IS LITERALLY what two different people working in that store told me told me. They now have the entire rear portion of the store roped off with a "rope guard" on duty. The CT can only be viewed from the front (no walk arounds) because (see the quotes) "we had to get the truck detailed because of all the fingerprints."
At some point they are going to have to let people touch it, right?
I lose respect for any truck owner who gives fingerprints a second thought. This just seems like more fake outrage, like all the people that made a mountain out of a molehill over minor panel gap variations.

My wife and I have had a new hobby for the last 5 years, checking out panel gap variations on other new cars. Yesterday we saw a new looking Mercedes Benz that had surprisingly large variations in panel gaps, clearly visible from one lane over. This happens all the time.

Maybe our new hobby will be looking for Cybertrucks with dirt or fingerprints on it. But first we need to spot a Cybertruck in the wild!

It's a frickin' truck, only obsessive-compulsive types really care! I don't think I've washed the mud off my truck for months (although recent rains removed about half of it). Yeah, it looks messy, so what? It's not a garage queen and neither will my Cybertruck end up with that terrible fate.
My point exactly, but it’s tough to have a showroom vehicle with a ton of fingerprints. It will be interesting to see what they do. I bet they end up putting clear film on all the showroom trucks
Sponsored

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Why not? I just put $1000 (non-refundable) down on a purchase of a Cybertruck I've never even seen except in photos and videos. I couldn't be happier about that.

We also bought our first Model 3 sight unseen. we still have it and have picked up two more since then. I bought our previous 3 ICE vehicles without sitting in them or test drives too.
I have also bought cars sight unseen. The more that I knew a make and model the less I cared to explore it pre buy.

but when there is a hard push to purchase now with minimal testing and driving, that’s exactly when I’d like to slow down and do very thorough look overs.

and by the way, the fingerprint crisis has an easy solution - just keep a thick layer of mud on the truck.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I think I'll want to touch the truck, sit down in the front and back seats, open the frunk and play with the bed cover, drive it thru around, and thoroughly leave fingerprints all over before deciding to buy it.
And you will be able to do all of that.

Maybe in 2025.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
At some point they are going to have to let people touch it, right?
You must not have realized how long it was after the Model 3 started shipping before you could touch one in the showroom. I think that it may have been at least 6mos to a year.
Well, actually that's how long for them to even get them in the showrooms.

I'm sure that a part of the no touch policy is the buttons that they don't want activated.
Sponsored