I have a ton of early Cybertruck reservations and want to partner up for a business

Deleted member 3316

Two year lease is ridiculous. Waste of time even thinking about that, way outside of reality.
Can you expand on this? What aspect of a two year lease to restrict resale do you find ridiculous?
Sponsored

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can you expand on this? What aspect of a two year lease to restrict resale do you find ridiculous?
Sure, I’ll attempt to explain even though I’ve already said, I’m not wanting to waste time discussing this.
Lease program like this, call it a negative lease program. It is likened to noise. tesla will not function in this elaborated way. They will simplify. It is extraneous, it’s in the weeds. There’s no way they’re going to take up a program that is this petty.
That’s the best I can do on explaining this common sense from my perspective.

I may be wrong. But I’m not really interested in the discussion about the two-year lease vector. I don’t believe it’s gonna happen, it doesn’t feel realistic to me.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Thanks for this, thanks a lot for this actually. Again, it’s going to come down to risk level that reservation holders are comfortable with. There’s a lot of uncertainty with how this will play out. Simple answer, early reservation holders that want to flip their vehicles are in a very powerful position. Common sense will prevail. Flipping these vehicles, any of them under 500,000 in line, will generate a very healthy profit.

Corey Steuben from MonroeLive, expects to pay 2x the price for his extremely early (under 5000) reservation. He’s an expert in secondary markets. He estimates 2x right out the gate.

I figure for a reservation hovering around 100,000, it’ll be about a 20% markup plus the FSD price Delta. Which currently is $8000 if your a $7000 fixed FSD holder.
It’s going to be a long curve. With the earliest reservations getting a big premium and the premium dropping off for every additional truck that’s put on the street.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It’s going to be a long curve. With the earliest reservations getting a big premium and the premium dropping off for every additional truck that’s put on the street.
I can't wait to see the curve. Once we get a good idea of the shape, we can project out to whatever reservation number we are. And then will have a decent idea what our X factor is.

So Corey Steuben has said 2x right out the gate. I expect around 1.2 X at the hundred thousand vehicle mark which would be delivered around probably the end of 2024.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can't wait to see the curve. Once we get a good idea of the shape, we can project out to whatever reservation number we are. And then will have a decent idea what our X factor is.

So Corey Steuben has said 2x right out the gate. I expect around 1.2 X at the hundred thousand vehicle mark which would be delivered around probably the end of 2024.
2x what?

I don’t think we’ll see reservations selling for $60,000. Maybe a handful in the first few weeks.

Selling for $200 doesn’t make sense either. I think after the first few weeks reservations will be $5,000 - $10,000 or so. If you buy the truck and flip it, maybe a bit more of a premium, but that’s a lot more difficult/ expensive. Not a ton of people have the credit to buy 10 trucks

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
2x what?

I don’t think we’ll see reservations selling for $60,000. Maybe a handful in the first few weeks.

Selling for $200 doesn’t make sense either. I think after the first few weeks reservations will be $5,000 - $10,000 or so. If you buy the truck and flip it, maybe a bit more of a premium, but that’s a lot more difficult/ expensive. Not a ton of people have the credit to buy 10 trucks
If you buy one truck and flip it, you risk getting black listed with each successive sale.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
2x what?

2x the price of the vehicle. If it was 100 K, the buyer would pay 200 K as an example.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you buy one truck and flip it, you risk getting black listed with each successive sale.
Yeah, exactly. Big risk. I don’t wanna be on the bad side of Tesla lol.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
2x what?

I agree about the reservation selling is much easier than reselling a vehicle.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
2x the price of the vehicle. If it was 100 K, the buyer would pay 200 K as an example.
I agree about the reservation selling is much easier than reselling a vehicle.
Your second reply here is why I think we won’t see reservations selling for 10s of thousands of dollars. It’s much lower risk for the seller and much riskier for the buyer.

What recourse do you have if you buy a reservation from Tesla and they cancel it/ blacklist you? Lots of risk on the buyer and none on the seller. I could see a big market in the $2000 - $5000 range, but aside from within the first few weeks can’t see it sustained much higher than that.

Do you guarantee people can execute on the sale? It’s all weird gray market stuff.

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hey everybody, the Cybertruck season is getting near, and I'm moving into the potential of putting these beautiful trucks out onto the road as a business.

I would be served best with partnering, as there's so many aspects to this operation.

Is anyone interested? And/or, does anyone know of a forum for people like me to connect w each other?
Tesla isn't going to allow you to use more than one. But dream on.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I definitely appreciate the heads up, yeah, selling them may bring on problems that defeat, the original goal, to capitalize obviously.

So now I’m thinking about putting them on a network , like turo, or hopefully, the Robotex network, and wondering if anyone’s thought about partnering up for facilities, funding et al.
Sigh, competition.. I can only hope that you do not undercut honest people like myself supporting their own preorder or two, in your attempt to "capitalize" en masse. Hope you live far far away from me!

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is not a reality based thread, so it could be about a horde of Aventadors.

Unfortunately there will not be a thread when the OP learns that he is not receiving his vehicles while the reservation queue is long.

Or a thread on why some people think Tesla is stupid.
Sponsored