I have a ton of early Cybertruck reservations and want to partner up for a business

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey everybody, the Cybertruck season is getting near, and I'm moving into the potential of putting these beautiful trucks out onto the road as a business.

I would be served best with partnering, as there's so many aspects to this operation.

Is anyone interested? And/or, does anyone know of a forum for people like me to connect w each other?
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Speculation by many is they won't be catering to vehicle scalpers - heads up. Your 30 pre orders will not get filled at once, and I'd be willing to bet they even go as far as canceling your existing reservations when they find you're selling trucks above market.

Can we for once not try gaming a release? Like $800 PlayStation's is one thing but exploiting people by $25k on a truck you have no sound like you have no business buying in the first place... Come on.

That being said, I'll take one of your early pre orders. Well-wishes. But for real, do not be that guy...

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
So, help me to understand ... you claim to have "a ton" of Cybertruck reservations and now you want others to join you in a reseller activity that your reservation agreement clearly prohibits?

As for a Forum for people like you ... Scammers.com?

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to resell them which was plan A.

I think Iā€™m gonna need to put them on the network. Turo etc.. whatever network is available.

Trying to line up people with similar interests.

I got early reservations, and low priced full self driving. im trying to capitalize assuming thatā€™s appropriate in this forum. Haha.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Speculation by many is they won't be catering to vehicle scalpers - heads up. Your 30 pre orders will not get filled at once, and I'd be willing to bet they even go as far as canceling your existing reservations when they find you're selling trucks above market.

Can we for once not try gaming a release? Like $800 PlayStation's is one thing but exploiting people by $25k on a truck you have no sound like you have no business buying in the first place... Come on.

That being said, I'll take one of your early pre orders. Well-wishes. But for real, do not be that guy...
I definitely appreciate the heads up, yeah, selling them may bring on problems that defeat, the original goal, to capitalize obviously.

So now Iā€™m thinking about putting them on a network , like turo, or hopefully, the Robotex network, and wondering if anyoneā€™s thought about partnering up for facilities, funding et al.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Hey everybody, the Cybertruck season is getting near, and I'm moving into the potential of putting these beautiful trucks out onto the road as a business.

I would be served best with partnering, as there's so many aspects to this operation.

Is anyone interested? And/or, does anyone know of a forum for people like me to connect w each other?
My first worry would be to have tesla let you buy the trucks. Also the bank(s) as I assume youā€™ll have to finance it with 4.75(great credit)-6% Apr weā€™re all getting now. Curious as to what everyone else will say as they reply.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm moving into the potential of putting these beautiful trucks out onto the road as a business.
In what name did you make the reservations? Your own or business?

I'm not sure how they will treat "fleet buyers" in general though, I'm thinking they won't assign all of the orders straight away. That then leaves the question of how to make them profitable as a business. Selling them is out, and renting or Ubering them might work. Not sure what qualities would set them apart in the rent a truck market that is worth the premium, except for novelty and performance.

Personally my focus has been on using it myself.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My first worry would be to have tesla let you buy the trucks. Also the bank(s) as I assume youā€™ll have to finance it with 4.75(great credit)-6% Apr weā€™re all getting now. Curious as to what everyone else will say as they reply.
In what name did you make the reservations? Your own or business?

I'm not sure how they will treat "fleet buyers" in general though, I'm thinking they won't assign all of the orders straight away. That then leaves the question of how to make them profitable as a business. Selling them is out, and renting or Ubering them might work. Not sure what qualities would set them apart in the rent a truck market that is worth the premium, except for novelty and performance.

Personally my focus has been on using it myself.
Agree with all your points, theyā€™re under my personal name, but Iā€™ve created an LLC in the meantime.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

Flip'ndip.com
Buy'nfly.net
Scam'nscram.gov
Praytheyoverpay.biz
Rip'nskip.org
šŸ˜¤
I think mostly we're pissed we didn't think of it first

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah exactly, that sounds shitty ha ha I may just get one of the trucks for myself and get all the other reservations refunded to me. They are refundable after all.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yeah exactly, that sounds shitty ha ha I may just get one of the trucks for myself and get all the other reservations refunded to me. They are refundable after all.
Yeah, I figured it would be a lot more people talking about this. Iā€™ve brought it up a few times in the past in different arenas. Seems like nobodyā€™s excited about this kind of thing. Itā€™s basically the launch of the Robo Taxi network. I canā€™t be more excited and interested in how this all plays out. Autonomous cargo haulers are basically the shit in that scenario.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I definitely appreciate the heads up, yeah, selling them may bring on problems that defeat, the original goal, to capitalize obviously.

So now Iā€™m thinking about putting them on a network , like turo, or hopefully, the Robotex network, and wondering if anyoneā€™s thought about partnering up for facilities, funding et al.
In some/many ways I support capitalism, but I do not support or even like hearing about greed, especially if it will hurt the chances of others getting a truck they need. I say put anyone with more than one reservation at the end of the line (no matter how long the line gets) ā€˜andā€™ prohibit reselling. That way you can still ā€˜capitalizeā€™ but only after the people who want to own and use one get theirs.

OP
OP
earthman

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
In some/many ways I support capitalism, but I do not support or even like hearing about greed, especially if it will hurt the chances of others getting a truck they need. I say put anyone with more than one reservation at the end of the line (no matter how long the line gets) ā€˜andā€™ prohibit reselling. That way you can still ā€˜capitalizeā€™ but only after the people who want to own and use one get theirs.
Sounds pretty reasonable
Sponsored