I still haven’t been assigned a Vin, should I be worried?

stickerclu8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Hello everyone, I'm curious to know if there are any fellow Californians who haven't received a VIN yet. My order number is RN# 11280, and I placed the order on 12/8 in Southern California. Should I be concerned about any potential problems? Thank you.
Sponsored

Tony stank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
RN11274, 12/08, AWD, nor cail and ex employee and no Vin.

Reached out to sales and they said everything is good and they are just waiting to get my truck at the delivery center (Sunnyvale).

The sales person said should be end of the month delivery is the worse case scenario (take this with a grain of salt as most sales are not fully in the know)

mfg310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
RN11274 AWD in SoCal here as well, but ordered on 12/15 so I’m not expecting anything until you 12/8 SoCal orders are done.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hello everyone, I'm curious to know if there are any fellow Californians who haven't received a VIN yet. My order number is RN# 11280, and I placed the order on 12/8 in Southern California. Should I be concerned about any potential problems? Thank you.
Probably 99.999% of the Californians have not received a VIN yet.

Did you get the invite to order or just have a reservation?
If you did actually order it, then the number is probably more like 99.9% haven't gotten a VIN yet

Be patient, it will come. It still may be months away. Remember the period in which they told you that it might be delivered?

Atlantian

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD FS Cybertruck, 23 Tesla MX, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
Country flag
For those in California that are still waiting for a VIN and reserved early...

I'm a multiple Tesla owner since 2013, have 2 powerwalls and solar roof tiles. I am also a stockholder and have made multiple referrals for Tesla vehicles. I initially reserved the CT at the event on 11.21.2019 (RN112760XXX). I received the limited-edition foundation series order invite email on 12.08.2023. I ordered the AWD CT the same day (12.08.2023). I live in Southern California close to the Irvine service center and have yet to receive a VIN. However, I did request a trade-in offer on my 2017 Model S. My trade-in offer is still pending. I am getting financing through a partner lender and not Tesla because the APR Tesla's partner offered (Santander Consumer USA) was higher (8.36%) than Alliant Credit Union (6.99%). I did chat with a Tesla rep and they said my trade-in offer will not be sent until they assign me a VIN. They also said the VIN will be assigned when "it's your turn in line".

Atlantian

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 AWD FS Cybertruck, 23 Tesla MX, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
Country flag
For those in California that are still waiting for a VIN and reserved early...

I'm a multiple Tesla owner since 2013, have 2 powerwalls and solar roof tiles. I am also a stockholder and have made multiple referrals for Tesla vehicles. I initially reserved the CT at the event on 11.21.2019 (RN112760XXX). I received the limited-edition foundation series order invite email on 12.08.2023. I ordered the AWD CT the same day (12.08.2023). I live in Southern California close to the Irvine service center and have yet to receive a VIN. However, I did request a trade-in offer on my 2017 Model S. My trade-in offer is still pending. I am getting financing through a partner lender and not Tesla because the APR Tesla's partner offered (Santander Consumer USA) was higher (8.36%) than Alliant Credit Union (6.99%). I did chat with a Tesla rep and they said my trade-in offer will not be sent until they assign me a VIN. They also said the VIN will be assigned when "it's your turn in line".
Less than an hour after I posted this message I received my VIN (#0964).

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
Hi,

I have a buddy in NorCal (Sac region) who was clicking the mouse as orders opened back in 2019 and got RN11274xxx. He received his order invite on December 9 and ordered within minutes. He is a (significant) investor in $TSLA but has not received a VIN yet.

As for me, I have been driving Teslas since 2013 in CA like the poster above, have two referrals, some $TSLA stock, ordered the first night back in 2019 about 15 minutes after the opening, and received my invite to order on Dec 26 - and placed my order the same day. I live in New Mexico now though. I did get an offer from Tesla on my 2017 Tesla Model 3 trade-in, but it was $5k (!!!) lower than Carvana so I rejected Tesla’s offer. Selling to Carvana tomorrow. Paying cash. Still no VIN.

I’ll wait, patiently.
(as if! gimme gimme gimme) - anyway, I hope these two empirical data points help!

Last edited:

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
What would you be worrying about, tho? That you won't have it in time for Valentine's?

It comes when it comes.

-Crissa
And since no FSD, no pre-backseat romance on the way to dinner.
Sponsored