g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I'm pretty sure they're moving quickly is because idra has a team of installers there helping them put this giant puzzle together. For whatever it cost prob in the tens of millions...they can afford an install team to travel to the clients install location to help, paid for by the client of course. But yes faster faster...need to see some CT castings pronto. Hopefully more details next week at Q4 meeting...price range and features pls!
I imagine we will get Cybertruck info, maybe even a status pic. ENGINEER SELFIE!

But on the serious, I wouldn't expect castings be shown by Tesla intentionally until March 1 at shareholder day event.

I know "Texas is HQ" but they're holding that in Texas for a reason.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
“Oh yeah, that’s the zoomgrabber 8K. We saw when they un-packed that back in January. See that ding there? Joe has a picture of the forklift backing into it while lifting some Gigapress bits…”
The employees don't know much. My delivery guy that brought us the new Y we purchased last week said "Cybertruck is two years out, maybe next year though". Verbatim.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can't wait to pick it up from the factory. Going to do a nice long camping road trip home after delivery. Hopefully the Quad and Travel trailer are options 369,420 in line so I can spend big and pull out all the stops.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Impressive speed of set up!

Fortunately Joe got out there early and verified that!

tesla cybertruck 9k giga press giga austin teas.jpg

7A7B6D41-7408-4950-9A35-B049E91A9938.jpeg

The top of press robots are being delivered too!

2212D9C1-222D-4193-9878-9C31AD4EA06F.jpeg

Updated with video:

Based on where they were when Joe last videoed in the early dawn this is what I expected the next time he did a dawn video, but photo confirmation is always best. Now the time consuming task of setting up the electrical, robots, and aluminum furnace and associated plumbing. Still good news though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The employees don't know much. My delivery guy that brought us the new Y we purchased last week said "Cybertruck is two years out, maybe next year though". Verbatim.
Not buying it.

Unless they are launching they slotted the Gen 3 vehicle in front of it. Tesla doesn’t buy a Gigapress and sit on it for 18 months. Something is coming on line that needs a 9k Ton Gigapress this year.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The typical employee does not know. That is why I am extremely helpful and share production begins in two weeks.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The typical employee does not know.
I bet parts of the c-suite don’t know.

Tesla doesn’t buy a Gigapress and sit on it for 18 months.
How/where are these things “tested”? I mean, is there a 9ton gigapress somewhere else in the world that has done all the requisite proofing and boofing of the CT parts specifically?

Because I’m unfamiliar, when you say “Tesla doesn’t buy a gigapress and sit on it for 18 months” I understand from context clues that you mean to say they will be shortly going into production. Being unfamiliar, I’m not seeing why the 18 months isn’t ironing out the new fabrication techniques, line, etc., before being dialed in for production.

If not, since these are largely new materials and processes for Tesla, where else have they previously had a 9 ton press to iron everything out?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

How/where are these things “tested”? I mean, is there a 9ton gigapress somewhere else in the world that has done all the requisite proofing and boofing of the CT parts specifically?

Because I’m unfamiliar, when you say “Tesla doesn’t buy a gigapress and sit on it for 18 months” I understand from context clues that you mean to say they will be shortly going into production. Being unfamiliar, I’m not seeing why the 18 months isn’t ironing out the new fabrication techniques, line, etc., before being dialed in for production.

If not, since these are largely new materials and processes for Tesla, where else have they previously had a 9 ton press to iron everything out?
If they get it assembled they can have it running before Feb, that gives them 3 months to iron out kinks.

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag

A 9 ton press does not operate too differently from a 6 ton press.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
A 9 ton press does not operate too differently from a 6 ton press.
Seems obvious

What is less obvious is whether the variables affect operation (e.g., the new materials and methodologies being deployed for CT construction).

If they get it assembled they can have it running before Feb, that gives them 3 months to iron out kinks.
I suppose a lot of the proofing has been done virtually using models. On the other hand, is the notion here that the press is basically the last part of the CT production line needing built?

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
Seems obvious

What is less obvious is whether the variables affect operation (e.g., the new materials and methodologies being deployed for CT construction).
A lot of that metallurgy is done through computers or through small scale tests. I worked at a foundry and it is standard practice to make smaller test pieces of a new alloy, because it is a cheaper and faster way than making a full scale part.
Sponsored