Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
@Throwcomputer beat me to it, but you can very clearly see the second base sitting in the background. There will be 2 presses in this area and it looks like the 2nd one is also a 9k Ton Press.

This is starting to look more and more like they sneaked 2 presses in and are going to build them in parallel.

1673629055960.png
Where do you see the second base? I don't see it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Where do you see the second base? I don't see it.
I said that poorly and I didn’t realize it until now.

I was referring to the foundation outlined in the floor. The orange forklift in the background is in the center of the area. It’s just a rectangle on the ground where there used to be a hole.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Why on earth would they ever have all of the parts in this one room? Just so the drone operators can capture them?

Maybe you should put in a request for Elon to pose next to the stack as well?
Well, all the heavy parts will be in that one room because that's where the bridge crane is. Otherwise, they woudn't be able to move the part.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, all the heavy parts will be in that one room because that's where the bridge crane is. Otherwise, they woudn't be able to move the part.
Then where are the rest of the parts? There aren’t even enough parts to finish 1 press in this photo. Apparently they are only building half of a press?

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Then where are the rest of the parts? There aren’t even enough parts to finish 1 press in this photo. Apparently they are only building half of a press?
If you watch Joe's video from Fri 13th...he shows they have a ton of parts that is spread over several hundred yards of space all from IDRA. I think from a simplicity stand point....they would build one press at a time so that they don't confused themselves with all of the parts they need to verify, organize, then install.

After installing the first and getting it up and running, in my experience the 2nd install will be much easier.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you watch Joe's video from Fri 13th...he shows they have a ton of parts that is spread over several hundred yards of space all from IDRA. I think from a simplicity stand point....they would build one press at a time so that they don't confused themselves with all of the parts they need to verify, organize, then install.

After installing the first and getting it up and running, in my experience the 2nd install will be much easier.
Yes!

I mean… I admit the two press thing is a long shot (and think I made that clear above). Just frustratingly weird arguments against it.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I was just saying that they wouldn't hide heavy parts somewhere else in the factory. When they get the parts, they put them in the area where they are needed (at least these heavy ones). They won't be moving stuff around in there much. There probably IS only one on-site. It is possible that large pieces could be delivered at night when traffic is low for the wide-loads or even after Joe flies, but it wouldn't make sense that Tesla would hide the parts. Heck, they WANT everyone to know they are making progress.