Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
They didn’t even stop changing it after it started shipping! The week I bought mine they made some tweaks to it and everyone after I bought it had a different console. It’s ever evolving.

I said before, I’m kind of sick of the guesswork everyone passes as “truth”. Just in this thread on this page one guy is claiming to know the price of the truck and another claims to know delivery start.

We don’t know one way or the other where the Gigapress destined to produce the Cybertruck is.
Assuming the relevant people from IDRA or Tesla or the shipping company are not on here, I would agree.

I tend to believe that some people don’t know how to speak in anything other than absolutes. Having lived in multiple cultures, I tend to always assume that my view could be compromised and my knowledge only partial. I continually get coached to remove all “wavering” or ambiguous speech as it is supposed to make me sound more confident.

If I’m being generous, I think people writing as if they actually know the truth might just be trying to demonstrate confidence. But given everything I’ve seen in my lifetime, I sadly have to assume that at least a portion of these overly confident commenters are deluded enough to actually believe their own mumbo jumbo.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Assuming the relevant people from IDRA or Tesla or the shipping company are not on here, I would agree.

I tend to believe that some people don’t know how to speak in anything other than absolutes. Having lived in multiple cultures, I tend to always assume that my view could be compromised and my knowledge only partial. I continually get coached to remove all “wavering” or ambiguous speech as it is supposed to make me sound more confident.
We know the Cybertruck will be delivered after the Gigapress is installed. We know there will be beta trucks driving around on public roads before they will be available. We know 4680 capacity has to increase. We know there must be some industrial metal folding equipment installed in Giga Texas.

Lots of absolutes there. 100% truth. No bullshit.

IMO speaking in absolutes when you are guessing is a close cousin to lying which bugs me a lot.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I tend to believe that some people don’t know how to speak in anything other than absolutes.
I always make sure I never speak in absolutes. Always.
Annie Duke's book, "Thinking in Bets" makes for a good read, (or listen on an audiobook,) this topic.
Sponsored