Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I worked for a local company for a short time that made stamped parts for Honda and Mercedes here in Alabama.
We had in house mold and die makers.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I wonder if they can do 2 castings for the Model 3 or Model Y on the 9k Ton Press.

Elon, if you had 1 billion dollars what would you do?

“2 Casts at One Time”
I can't imagine any reason to cast two large casts at the same time that wouldn't increase cost of the press and assemblies. For two casts wouldn't you need 2x8kt=16kt press not a 9kt?

I also only expect a Model 2 or smaller to ever get a single cast frame, this mostly is because of the now 4680 structural pack and the general requirement for a roll-over frame around the passenger compartment that both are responsible for making a safety cell. It's unlikely another cast would help replace parts there, and the sides are already pressed steel plate, which has a low part count.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The rear casting will have to support the bed so there's no way they'll use the same casting for the front and rear.
The front casting will have to support the weight of the dead bodies, the kilos of drugs, 6-8 illegal aliens, gold ingots, rail guns people normally carry in the frunk. Never mind.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
they can build the 9T....but where is our 8T for the cybertruck?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
they can build the 9T....but where is our 8T for the cybertruck?
Maybe en route to Texas?

We don’t know whether this is the Cybertruck machine or not. I kind of think it’s a little late to be assembling the press in Italy to demo in June when it’s needed in Austin by sometime around September.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe en route to Texas?

We don’t know whether this is the Cybertruck machine or not. I kind of think it’s a little late to be assembling the press in Italy to demo in June when it’s needed in Austin by sometime around September.
agreed.....but we hear things on the 9T press but nothing in months of the 8T

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
agreed.....but we hear things on the 9T press but nothing in months of the 8T
Totally.

Most likely this IS the one which will be used for the Cybertruck or same model.

Perhaps its a little denial. If that is the actual Cybertruck press, it means an early 2023 timeline is going to be extremely tight. Possible, but very tight.

I guess the glass is half full perspective is we know it exists and is very nearly ready for action… just halfway across the globe.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Totally.

Most likely this IS the one which will be used for the Cybertruck or same model.

Perhaps its a little denial. If that is the actual Cybertruck press, it means an early 2023 timeline is going to be extremely tight. Possible, but very tight.

I guess the glass is half full perspective is we know it exists and is very nearly ready for action… just halfway across the globe.
it will as loose as a crap going thru a goose.....if this is the case, don't expect to see production until mid 2023

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The one on display could be the 2nd one. We could already have the 1st.
I'm with you. Everyone seems to assume that the first picture they see is the only gigapress. It 'might' be and it might not be, so we should keep that perspective. It is similar to looking at some BS nut holding a BS wiper blade down on a prototype as a production wiper because that is what you can see. With the Model Y Tesla was still making changes months after pre-production versions started being seen on the road, and we have only seen 1 alpha prototype. Chill folks, the next 6 months or so are going to be a roller coaster!

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Chill folks, the next 6 months or so are going to be a roller coaster!
I'm chill, because I don't think the next 6 months are going to be roller coaster.
I think it's going to be relatively quiet because...

... it means an early 2023 timeline is going to be extremely tight. Possible, but very tight.
and I don't think...

The one on display could be the 2nd one. We could already have the 1st.
Those are going to be some massive shipments. I just don't think with the number of people waiting for these to arrive that the delivery was missed all the way from the IDRA factory to the ports to GigaTexas. Especially when you combine it with...

...we hear things on the 9T press but nothing in months of the 8T

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm chill, because I don't think the next 6 months are going to be roller coaster.
I think it's going to be relatively quiet because...

and I don't think...

Those are going to be some massive shipments. I just don't think with the number of people waiting for these to arrive that the delivery was missed all the way from the IDRA factory to the ports to GigaTexas. Especially when you combine it with...
yep....those are massive crates.......it would be hard for the quad-squad to not see them........

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On todays idra video it shows the pieces already painted in Tesla colors. It needs to be assembled and then go through testing. It will be awhile. Hopefully by the end of summer it will be working and the 4680 battery line will actually be producing battery’s in decent numbers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm with you. Everyone seems to assume that the first picture they see is the only gigapress. It 'might' be and it might not be, so we should keep that perspective. It is similar to looking at some BS nut holding a BS wiper blade down on a prototype as a production wiper because that is what you can see. With the Model Y Tesla was still making changes months after pre-production versions started being seen on the road, and we have only seen 1 alpha prototype. Chill folks, the next 6 months or so are going to be a roller coaster!
They didn’t even stop changing it after it started shipping! The week I bought mine they made some tweaks to it and everyone after I bought it had a different console. It’s ever evolving.

I said before, I’m kind of sick of the guesswork everyone passes as “truth”. Just in this thread on this page one guy is claiming to know the price of the truck and another claims to know delivery start.

We don’t know one way or the other where the Gigapress destined to produce the Cybertruck is.
Sponsored