If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I thought 906 was your rally car number so people could identify you as well when you're driving down the course as they could when you're upside down in the ditch. :LOL:
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't see a need for a quad motor, I want the tri motor for the 500 plus miles of range on a charge.
Agree, 500 miles is my basic common sense requirement too

But I also see a definite need for those 'hold my beer' moments

"Excuse me for a moment as I drive this beast sideways, so I can get out.”

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
"So yes, we do have orders under the assumption of price. Changing the price will hurt Tesla's PR and probably their stock price."

"Isn't it be pretty to think so?" - E Hemingway

That is your mistake thinking this was an order. Unlike every other Tesla, there are only Pre-orders for the Cybertruck.. Pre-orders were to gauge interest and never guaranteed any production or price. I think there's a 95% chance Tesla is working toward producing the Cybertruck again after 2 years on the back burner. Given known issues with getting 4680s into mass production (hopefully there in another year) and then the chip shortages, it only made sense to delay the Cybertruck production past 2022-2023 early industry expert predictions. I think there's a 5% chance they'll honor some original prices very short term. Most likely they'll be a significant price increase from the start. If the it prices a few people out of the market, the demand will keep it sold out for years.
Tesla would be foolish to turn it into a huge money loser to please a small percent of unrealistic dreamers.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That is your mistake thinking this was an order. Unlike every other Tesla, there are only Pre-orders for the Cybertruck.. Pre-orders were to gauge interest and never guaranteed any production or price. I think there's a 95% chance Tesla is working toward producing the Cybertruck again after 2 years on the back burner. Given known issues with getting 4680s into mass production (hopefully there in another year) and then the chip shortages, it only made sense to delay the Cybertruck production past 2022-2023 early industry expert predictions. I think there's a 5% chance they'll honor some original prices very short term. Most likely they'll be a significant price increase from the start. If the it prices a few people out of the market, the demand will keep it sold out for years.
Tesla would be foolish to turn it into a huge money loser to please a small percent of unrealistic dreamers.
Tesla explicitly calls reservations 'pre-orders' and this is the same method they used to reserve all their unreleased models.

-Crissa
Sponsored