If you want an BEV truck quickly, Rivian is the way to go.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Poking my head into the Rivian forums I was a little surprised at something.

The estimates they have over there suggest Rivian's sales numbers are in the low-mid 20k range. That's both the truck and the SUV together. That is consistent with what the CEO of Rivian said "We have 10s of thousands of pre-orders".

There are also hints that they are going to have most of those trucks delivered by Spring of next year.

Good chance if you put your hat in the Rivian ring, you'll be in a truck by summer.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Poking my head into the Rivian forums I was a little surprised at something.

The estimates they have over there suggest Rivian's sales numbers are in the low-mid 20k range. That's both the truck and the SUV together. That is consistent with what the CEO of Rivian said "We have 10s of thousands of pre-orders".

There are also hints that they are going to have most of those trucks delivered by Spring of next year.

Good chance if you put your hat in the Rivian ring, you'll be in a truck by summer.

I think they have around 45K reservations but the sales may be around what you projected. They have service centers only in a few places and reservation holders already getting bent out of shape for possibility of being an early bird but getting their trucks late because they are not close to service center. You never know when you may need one (that 7000 Ib comes handy here):

Tesla Cybertruck If you want an BEV truck quickly, Rivian is the way to go. 1632354095760

Tesla Cybertruck If you want an BEV truck quickly, Rivian is the way to go. 1632354133272

Tesla Cybertruck If you want an BEV truck quickly, Rivian is the way to go. 1632354153122

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think they have around 45K reservations but the sales may be around what you projected. They have service centers only in a few places and reservation holders already getting bent out of shape for possibility of being an early bird but getting their trucks late because they are not close to service center. You never know when you may need one:
After looking a little more, I think your numbers are probably closer.

I like the skin... not so much the parking job. Probably more accurate if he comes at it from the paved side. I guess Rivian drivers just can't resist the occasional off-road excursion?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I think they have around 45K reservations but the sales may be around what you projected. They have service centers only in a few places and reservation holders already getting bent out of shape for possibility of being an early bird but getting their trucks late because they are not close to service center. You never know when you may need one (that 7000 Ib comes handy here):

1632354095760.png

1632354133272.png

1632354153122.png
How did that happen?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After looking a little more, I think your numbers are probably closer.

I like the skin... not so much the parking job. Probably more accurate if he comes at it from the paved side. I guess Rivian drivers just can't resist the occasional off-road excursion?
I hope it is not the code that has adventure built into it and it is really a driver error. Hopefully, CT will not resist the pavement as much.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
No clue but the relative damage should be comforting to Rivian reservation holders.
The wheel flare could not stand up to the bushes. Seen lying there ivy. I would like to know if repaired (and cost) or if the truck is totaled. With the gaps, I am wondering about the damage we cannot see.

Wait, where are all the news articles? RIVIAN lost control and crashed into at least two parked cars! Tesla must be at fault somehow

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The wheel flare could not stand up to the bushes. Seen lying there ivy. I would like to know if repaired (and cost) or if the truck is totaled. With the gaps, I am wondering about the damage we cannot see.

Wait, where are all the news articles? RIVIAN lost control and crashed into at least two parked cars! Tesla must be at fault somehow

Rivian is their own insurance so we will never know how much it costs to fix it. It won't be cheep for us.

The following is from Laurent in Rivian Forum:

Looks like the Rivian was going south on Myford Rd and missed the turn.

Tesla Cybertruck If you want an BEV truck quickly, Rivian is the way to go. location-

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Agree with assessment. I am still perplexed at the speed in the accident, why the truck was driving that fast and how/what cause the loss of control? Did he forget which side the brake was on?

Annoyed at the unknowns

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree with assessment. I am still perplexed at the speed in the accident, why the truck was driving that fast and how/what cause the loss of control? Did he forget which side the brake was on?

Annoyed at the unknowns
You would be surprised what kinda damage an unexpected untimely booty call/text can cause.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian is their own insurance so we will never know how much it costs to fix it. It won't be cheep for us.

The following is from Laurent in Rivian Forum:

Looks like the Rivian was going south on Myford Rd and missed the turn.

If this was a Tesla, the headlines would all say "Tesla crashes into parked cars while on autopilot"...

Then 4 days later one out of the 20 sites that posted it would put a 1 liner "Driver was actually texting their spouse and not on autopilot"

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If this was a Tesla, the headlines would all say "Tesla crashes into parked cars while on autopilot"...

Then 4 days later one out of the 20 sites that posted it would put a 1 liner "Driver was actually texting their spouse and not on autopilot"
Which is why Rivian need more crashes. They are not getting nearly as much of a spotlight as Tesla does.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Which is why Rivian need more crashes. They are not getting nearly as much of a spotlight as Tesla does.
Rivian hasn't really pushed their car as being autonomous so it's likely going to be ignored.

Maybe after they've shipped their first couple hundred thousand units.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
I doubt it was on auto-pilot (or whatever they call it ...) Someone out enjoying that torque and speed and not realizing 2 1/2 tons will obey the laws of physics. Even if it doesn't feel it won't right up until the point it does... I've over-cooked plenty of corners, thankfully not that bad and definitely pre internet/social media.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I doubt it was on auto-pilot (or whatever they call it ...) Someone out enjoying that torque and speed and not realizing 2 1/2 tons will obey the laws of physics. Even if it doesn't feel it won't right up until the point it does... I've over-cooked plenty of corners, thankfully not that bad and definitely pre internet/social media.

Just imagine how crazy it’s going to be when the Cybertruck launches and people can go from zero to Holly duck my face just melted in 2.9 seconds.
Sponsored