Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Well, my car has labels in like, six languages. x-x Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese (Taiwanese), Spanish, French, and English.

All the stickers had to go. That's too much.

-Crissa
Just replace them all with a single one in Esperanto. Or Vulcan would be good on a CT.
Sponsored

OP
OP

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
*UPDATE*

I called my local Tesla shop and spoke with a sales associate. I was told that Tesla does not prevent Canadians from going to the USA to purchase. He insisted it was not a problem, there would be no issues from Tesla if I wanted to do this. He did suggest that after importing I bring it in to have a service technician switch over some settings to fit with Canadian roads/laws.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla model 3, 2019 Ram 1500
Country flag
NOT going to happen until it gets added to the RIV list being eligible for import.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Do US loans (banks) typically not “keep” the actual paper copy title of the vehicle until it’s paid off in full?
Yes they do as we found out when we tried to trade in a car. The bank never filed the papers with the DMV when the loan was paid off. And then it got bought by another bank. Quite an Odyssey but we did eventually prevail.

My question WRT import regards taxes, federal and provincial.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Could you please tell about your past experiences, how did you do the financing in the US?

Nice, did you finance it, if so could you provide details on what the dealer offered and how that works for Canadians in US dealerships?

Sure, but do US Dealerships/financial institutions provide financing to Canadians?
tesla financing

chrisrizzo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Hyundai Dynasty
Occupation
Commercial and Industrial Designer
Country flag
*UPDATE*

I called my local Tesla shop and spoke with a sales associate. I was told that Tesla does not prevent Canadians from going to the USA to purchase. He insisted it was not a problem, there would be no issues from Tesla if I wanted to do this. He did suggest that after importing I bring it in to have a service technician switch over some settings to fit with Canadian roads/laws.
Thanks for the information update.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Well, my car has labels in like, six languages. x-x Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese (Taiwanese), Spanish, French, and English.

All the stickers had to go. That's too much.

-Crissa
I heard of a case (which I cannot verify): an owner of a US-purchased new car was refused Canadian importation (in Ontario) because it did not contain an owners manual in French. (He got one, and was admitted on the next try by a customs guy who didn't ask for it.)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I heard of a case (which I cannot verify): an owner of a US-purchased new car was refused Canadian importation (in Ontario) because it did not contain an owners manual in French. (He got one, and was admitted on the next try by a customs guy who didn't ask for it.)
Huh, that's just weird. Customs agents suck.

In Canada, you do have to replace these stickers and manuals when you sell it, but there's nothing requiring them while the vehicle is in motion.

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Huh, that's just weird. Customs agents suck.
, but there's nothing requiring them while the vehicle is in motion.

-Crissa
"In Canada, you do have to replace these stickers and manuals when you sell it ...."

Once a vehicle is admitted to the country, I'm unaware of any federal statutory requirements on selling it. Registering/licencing it is provincial. In my province, Ontario, that requires only a safety certificate (and I don't think that includes anything about French/English labels). I don't know about the other provinces, but would not be surprised if Quebec requires French labels.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
In Canada, Quebec is the only French province, while New Brunswick is the only bilingual. Your registration, sale, etc will be entirely in english in the other 8 provinces. I was going to import a BMW from Florida a while back and the only requirement was an inspection that verified it met local requirements such as daytime running lights.